Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Special Custom Bucktails

Message Subject: Special Custom Bucktails
tackleaddict
Posted 9/1/2015 12:57 PM (#782649)
Subject: Special Custom Bucktails

I want to have one or more custom bucktails made for a friend. I need them to be personalized for him in some way. I am not sure quite how to personalize a bucktail except perhaps engraved blades. This is for a solid cause and I think will mean a lot or at least be a cool gift for him at a tough time. If anyone has any ideas on who could pull this off or how to do this, or any ways I cant think of to personalize a tail. please let me know.
Travis A.
Posted 9/1/2015 1:21 PM (#782654 - in reply to #782649)
Subject: Re: Special Custom Bucktails

Aside from engraving the blades, maybe use some pheasant feathers from a bird he shot if he hunts? Or get the blades custom painted that has something to do with that he's into. I have a 68 Camaro and my uncle used to have one and my dad had an Olds 442 back in the day. My cousin was thinking it would be good to get jerkbaits or crankbaits painted up like the cars. Butternut yellow with black stripes and SS logo. Blue with white stripes, etc. Something like that maybe but only on the blades of a bucktail. You could use a sports team or whatever. I've seen personalized Marines, Army, etc. things before. Look in the basement builders section and find someone who's bucktails you like and send them a PM.
flyingfish8604
Posted 9/1/2015 1:25 PM (#782656 - in reply to #782649)

I would talk with Dan Moats at Spanky Baits. I had a few blades engraved and then built a couple for my wife and I for an anniversary gift. When i brought the blades to Dan, he said one of his friends could have done the engraving. Dan is a great guy to work with
Pelagic Prober
Posted 9/1/2015 2:14 PM (#782669 - in reply to #782649)
Subject: RE: Special Custom Bucktails

Contact Gene from Leaders & Lures. He made a couple tails for me with pictures of fish my son caught. They were presents for graduation/confirmation. He later told me they were the best presents he got.
JBlanck
Posted 9/1/2015 2:32 PM (#782674 - in reply to #782649)

X2 on Gene at Leaders and Lures. Check this site for sure:
http://www.leadersandlures.com/index.php?route=product/category&pat...
tackleaddict
Posted 9/1/2015 2:43 PM (#782677 - in reply to #782649)

Thanks for the "leaders and lures" link. That's pretty awesome, I wonder if the picture would stay on as the lure is used.
Ray Fuller
Posted 9/2/2015 1:08 AM (#782764 - in reply to #782649)

I received a bass sized in line spinner many years ago from relatives as a gift and the beads on the shaft had letters on them spelling my name.I thought that was very cool and still have it to this day.Im not good at posting pics on here but if interested,I could probably email you a pic.The beads on mine were plastic,so probably not musky proof,but have seen metal beads in stores before with letters for making personalized bracelets and such.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)