Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Island Lake (sturgeon Lake, MN)

Message Subject: Island Lake (sturgeon Lake, MN)
Cfollow
Posted 8/11/2015 7:52 PM (#780007)
Subject: Island Lake (sturgeon Lake, MN)

I am looking for information on Island Lake in terms of the amount of fishing pressure recreational pressure, and general status of the musky fishery. I sent an email to the Hinckley area fisheries office but have yet to hear back. My understanding is that the population isn't what it used to be on the mid 90s but I see that it has been stocked every year for the last four years. Are they trying to boost the population? I was wondering if the lake would be a place to consider purchasing property.
Lundbob
Posted 8/12/2015 8:39 AM (#780051 - in reply to #780007)
Subject: RE: Island Lake (sturgeon Lake, MN)

Great lake 7-8 years ago. Heard that a local possibly started keeping them as he hated having muskies in the lake. Small lake so it wouldn't be hard to make a dent. But that's just a rumor so who really knows. I've gone back twice in the last 3 years just to see and only saw 1 fish. Can't comment more than that as i don't go there enough anymore.
TonyT65
Posted 8/13/2015 2:14 PM (#780255 - in reply to #780051)
Subject: RE: Island Lake (sturgeon Lake, MN)

Lundbob - 8/12/2015 8:39 AM

Great lake 7-8 years ago. Heard that a local possibly started keeping them as he hated having muskies in the lake. Small lake so it wouldn't be hard to make a dent. But that's just a rumor so who really knows. I've gone back twice in the last 3 years just to see and only saw 1 fish. Can't comment more than that as i don't go there enough anymore.

same thing here spearing legal lake and some locals I heard back in the day would spear Muskie just to kill and leave under ice because they were eating all of THIER walleye ... huh go figure .
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)