Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Lake Kabetogama in MN

Message Subject: Lake Kabetogama in MN
Mitch Garcia
Posted 8/2/2015 5:09 PM (#778795)
Subject: Lake Kabetogama in MN

My son and some friends are going to Kabetogama the last week of August to walleye and northern fish. They want me to make some inline spinners for them for the times they are fishing northern. I'm not familiar with that area at all but have read some different articles on the lake. I'm thinking of 5" - 6" length, around an ounce, single silver blades (some french, some willow, some fluted), black bucktail for some, black flashbeau for others, maybe some light fluorocarbon leaders... For anyone who knows the lakes and the fishing in that area, am I barking down the right path?
tolle141
Posted 8/2/2015 10:23 PM (#778825 - in reply to #778795)
Subject: Re: Lake Kabetogama in MN

yeah I think generally speaking you're on the right path. Whats the walleye slot up there? Last time we were there it was very narrow, so you actually limited out on sauger every night in an hour or two. Walleye did like down deep husky jerks in 12 and 14, trolled 21-24' through island channels.

Pack some zoom super flukes in a baitfish color. sight fishing smallies is awesome there.
Silver Scale
Posted 8/3/2015 6:51 AM (#778844 - in reply to #778825)

I think the walleye slot is 17-26 inches have to go back. Only one over 26 can be kept. Might be a four fish limit. As far as pike i would make a couple of bright colored ones too. Firetiger, orange, etc.
Mitch Garcia
Posted 8/3/2015 1:19 PM (#778913 - in reply to #778795)
Subject: RE: Lake Kabetogama in MN

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. I guess I need to get building now.
mnmusky
Posted 8/3/2015 1:44 PM (#778917 - in reply to #778913)

mnbound.com
there was piece on the lake on a local show on this lake last night. May get him pumped up.
ToddM
Posted 8/3/2015 2:28 PM (#778923 - in reply to #778795)

Never been but those lake types I would also get some bass sized spinnerbaits. In addition some bass prop towaters, the heddon spook with the two props is dynamite. I'd bet there are panfish and you want to try for them, tiny 1/32 oz Beatle spins and tip them with a gulp spike or 1" twister tail. Two split shots in front for casting distance and depth. Panfish love it, you will catch pike too and even had a mid 40's ski follow it once on vermillion.

Edited by ToddM 8/3/2015 2:31 PM
Mitch Garcia
Posted 8/4/2015 12:30 PM (#779059 - in reply to #778795)

I forwarded all of this great info on to my son. I told him it's up to him now. Thanks again, this is all extremely helpful.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)