Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> moen lake boat landing

Message Subject: moen lake boat landing
td89
Posted 8/6/2015 8:36 PM (#779394)
Subject: moen lake boat landing

I would like to try a new lake. I have an 18 foot boat. I have heard some negative things about the boat landing on moen. does anyone have any recent thoughts on the landing? thx for the replies
tom
MD75
Posted 8/6/2015 11:01 PM (#779422 - in reply to #779394)
Subject: Re: moen lake boat landing

I launched there last year and did not think it was bad. No better or worse than most of the landings up that way. We put my dad's Lund on a bunk trailer in with out a problem
FYI- That chain and the channels connecting the lakes are incredibly shallow and dark...lots of prop busters out there.
sworrall
Posted 8/6/2015 11:13 PM (#779425 - in reply to #779422)

I put a 20' boat in that landing lots of times. The concrete bunks were all goofy a couple years ago, but have been fixed since.
Riverrat351
Posted 8/7/2015 10:36 AM (#779508 - in reply to #779425)

Some of the proceeds from the Charlie Baker musky tournament are used to improve the landing every year. There is a new dock, and the concrete ramp further from the dock is the better of the two (one nearest is a little washed out). I launched there last night, it was fine and you should have no troubles. There are Ranger 619's and 620's launched there often. The only thing that makes it a pain is it's steep, and fairly tight quarters but if you know how to back a trailer it won't be a problem. There is also a decent launch at Birchwood resort/bar. They might let you launch if you patronize them or for a fee. The channels won't be a problem if you stay between the markers.
Good luck!
td89
Posted 8/7/2015 12:11 PM (#779527 - in reply to #779394)
Subject: RE: moen lake boat landing

thanks for the responses
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)