Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> rod modifications

Message Subject: rod modifications
esox1980
Posted 5/27/2015 2:47 PM (#770289)
Subject: rod modifications

I own a Fenwick Elite Tech Big Bait and love the rod except the thin cork on the handles. I recently purchased some 40mm xflock heat shrink with the idea that I would thicken up the corks then wrap it. Has anyone done anything like this? What material have you used to add diameter to your handles without destroying the cork underneath or adding to much weight. thanks.
dirtybird
Posted 5/27/2015 3:22 PM (#770293 - in reply to #770289)
Subject: RE: rod modifications

That X wrap is some really nice stuff. I have it on my premier and i am thinking about putting it on my big nasty to keep the cork from getting destroyed. It doesn't add much weight and makes for a better grip than the factory cork in my opinion. I bought the 35 mill when i did mine.
bowhunter29
Posted 5/27/2015 3:43 PM (#770294 - in reply to #770289)
Subject: Re: rod modifications

X-flock isn't going to add much diameter. Buy some handle bar wrap for a bike and use that with x-flock overtop. That should give you the bigger diameter you're looking for.

Jeremy
Cedar
Posted 5/27/2015 7:04 PM (#770329 - in reply to #770289)
Subject: RE: rod modifications

What Jeremy said will work well. You can also substitute cork tape for the handlebar tape. I've done both, but think I prefer the cork tape to build up the handle. It adds a bit more weight to the back end of the rod to help balance it better, and gives a smoother surface, if that's what you're going for, under the X Flock as long as the cork tape is wrapped tight. The cork you see on the Elite Tech Musky rods is cork tape. You can see the spiral wrap if you look close.
esox1980
Posted 5/27/2015 7:28 PM (#770333 - in reply to #770294)
Subject: Re: rod modifications

Thanks Jeremy, thats what I want to really do is increase diameter.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)