Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> revo toro 60hs for rubber

Message Subject: revo toro 60hs for rubber
hoosierhunter
Posted 5/20/2015 8:20 PM (#769617)
Subject: revo toro 60hs for rubber

I am going to be adding a pounder set up before I go to st clair and was wondering what kind of luck you guys have had using the abu for big rubber. My main concern is durability. The other reel I am considering is the saltist so durability is not a concern there, just comfort.
Musky Face
Posted 5/20/2015 9:02 PM (#769622 - in reply to #769617)
Subject: Re: revo toro 60hs for rubber

Toro works just fine. Threw pounders all last fall with it, even in 40 degree weather. Solid reel. Saltist is good option thou, get the 20 size. That reel picks up more line than the toro and is easy to hold on to. Both choices work.
achotrod
Posted 5/23/2015 11:06 AM (#769856 - in reply to #769617)

Just make sure if your using a power handle you dont engage it mid flight with pounders and the NACL will be just fine. Pounders pull in fairly easy its the weight on the cast that could be a problem IMO. Hold down the thumb bar during the cast or rotate the handle down before the cast. If you stick with the paddle handle you should have no worries.
lennyg3
Posted 5/23/2015 11:43 PM (#769924 - in reply to #769617)

IMO short of a tranx, the saltist is the best reel on the market for big rubber. 35 IPT, big power handle for when you're casting with gloves, lever disengagement/autoclutch ( no worry about engaging the reel early on the cast). It has a cast control, but no spool brakes however this is really a non-issue for heavy rubber as long as you lay a thumb on the spool. These reels are very durable as well. Their achillies heel is the clutch spring. Mine lasted 3 seasons of casting big rubber before it broke. I ordered 2 and keep a backup. Simple fix but worth noting.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)