Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Plastic suick reviews "they must be hot"

Message Subject: Plastic suick reviews "they must be hot"
catfishonthelake
Posted 5/14/2015 1:39 PM (#768796 - in reply to #766414)
Subject: Re: Plastic suick reviews "they must be hot"

Steve, can you send a link to the video Mr. Musky is talking about?
MstrMusky
Posted 5/14/2015 6:58 PM (#768829 - in reply to #766414)

go the video section of the site and its in the "spring bay dockside" outing videos.
RAZE1
Posted 5/17/2015 12:00 PM (#769103 - in reply to #766414)

I have had way more success in bending/turning the tie eye screw than with the tail bending techniques. I think the main goal is to establish symmetry with the bait. I have tried bending one side of the tail different ways and couldn't do anything but make it worse. I can't wrap my mind around the idea of how making the bait non-symmetrical allows it to move in both directions evenly, or at least walk-the-dog. I have about a dozen of the original round-belly, red box Suicks that I custom painted and epoxied, some of them I weighted, and they all have different personalities. My favorites are the 10"(wood) that I repainted and epoxied. They have a great shimmy, dive and rise, all while doggin'. I have a couple of old 7"ers that are more flat like a popsickle stick, that dart and dive like there's no tomorrow. Suicks are great lures and should be part of every serious muskie anglers arsenal.....

Jeremy
Posted 5/18/2015 12:13 PM (#769240 - in reply to #769103)

RAZE1 - 5/17/2015 12:00 PM
Suicks are great lures and should be part of every serious muskie anglers arsenal.....

Yep. It only took me over 30 yrs. of fishing to actually realize this.

Actually I was more spooked by the back-lashing stuff so I stayed away from them The HI's solved that. Same with the 10" ers...and weighted.

I had to buy a separate tackle box...........*eyes roll*
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)