Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Lowrance or Hummingbird?

Reply New post
Message Subject: Lowrance or Hummingbird?
Deeply Hooked
Posted 2/26/2015 8:14 AM (#756200)
Subject: Lowrance or Hummingbird?

I just bought a new boat and had them install a Lowrance HDS gen 2 touch, I also put a Minnkota Terrova I pilot 80lb on the bow. I was told that the Humminbirds work better with the I pilots. Any thoughts from current product owners is welcome. Thanks.....
muskyhunter47
Posted 2/26/2015 9:15 AM (#756214 - in reply to #756200)
Subject: Re: Lowrance or Hummingbird?

If you want the terrova hooked up to your electronics have to go with birds. I went with 2 Birds hooked every thing together very happy with my set up.if you like Lowrance I would put a motor guide on so you can hook those together.its nice when every thing works together
cave run legend
Posted 2/26/2015 12:28 PM (#756253 - in reply to #756214)

The link works between bird and terrova thus people say they work better together. If you dont have the link or intend to buy it in the futurethere are no issues with having your lowrance.

Edited by cave run legend 2/26/2015 12:33 PM
Captain
Posted 2/26/2015 12:53 PM (#756260 - in reply to #756200)

There is no advantage in having a HumminBird if you are just using the I Pilot. If you want the I Pilot Link, then Humminbird is the only option with the Terrova.
It would have probably been wiser to ask this question prior to rigging the boat. I don't think you necessarily made a bad decision that will depend on what your ultimate goals or plans are in the end. If you just want to be able to use the sonar on the Terrova and see it on the Graph, you are fine with what you have.
If you want to be able to control your trolling motor using GPS-type technology then you either need to swap the Terrova for an xi5 OR swap the HDS for a Bird.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)