Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: T.R.: "Man, throw that wingie! Windle? Doodle? Whaddya call that thing?" ME: "Weagle." T.R.: "Weagle? Who names a bait Weagle?"
- (Added by: esoxaddict)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Devcon 2 ton

Message Subject: Devcon 2 ton
mwilton
Posted 2/7/2015 7:58 AM (#752385)
Subject: Devcon 2 ton

I see that a lot of guys are using Devcon 2 ton for lips. Does it dry crystal clear like etex? I prefer to paint before I install lips.
spoonpluggergino
Posted 2/7/2015 9:26 AM (#752399 - in reply to #752385)
Subject: Re: Devcon 2 ton

I topcoat all my baits with 30 minutes D2Ton, for top coating you can thin it down with denatured alcohol, for epoxying the lips I do not thin it down. Lot's of bait builders on T.U. use it
Gino

Edited by spoonpluggergino 2/7/2015 9:29 AM
Beaver
Posted 2/8/2015 11:33 PM (#752645 - in reply to #752399)
Subject: Re: Devcon 2 ton

For lips you can use 5 Minute Devcon clear, I've been usin Devcon 5 minute gel because it's stronger and doesn't run or drip at all. It doesn't dry clear, but I don't care. If a muskie doesn't hit a lure because there is a thin line on the lures face then it's waaay too picky. With all of the things that are on bait fish, like scars, blotches, whatever, I'd rather have more strength holding in the lip and give up a clear epoxy holding in a piece of polycarbonate.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)