Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Minocqua

Message Subject: Minocqua
wisskie
Posted 1/8/2015 11:43 AM (#747243)
Subject: Minocqua

Looking to take a trip to the Minocqua area for the Muskie Opener. My home waters are Chippewa Falls, New Auburn, Holcombe, Ladysmith areas and I have a Cabin in Gordon so I've fished the Eau Claire Chain and the lakes around the Hayward area. I'm looking to try the Minocqua area not sure why just picked an area I guess. Seeing how this is Memorial weekend is there a lake to target to escape the craziness of pleasure boaters? Don't really care if there is big fish or small fish just never been to Northeastern Wisconsin for anything besides driving through heading to the UP.

Thank you,

Wisskie
callworth
Posted 1/8/2015 3:10 PM (#747298 - in reply to #747243)
Subject: RE: Minocqua

Why not try some of the flowages around the falmbeau river near park falls?
wisskie
Posted 1/8/2015 3:35 PM (#747304 - in reply to #747243)
Subject: Re: Minocqua

I will look into that area. Thank you for posting.
Big W
Posted 1/8/2015 6:03 PM (#747335 - in reply to #747243)

Take a look at the Turtle Flambeau Flowage thread on this page. Great body of water, with muskies.. Donners Bay will be at the Wausau Musky Show in March.
AndrewR
Posted 1/8/2015 10:06 PM (#747370 - in reply to #747243)

Minocqua area is surely a zoo come Memorial Day weekend, but there are some nice out of the way gems in the area that offer the escape.
Yooper Padre
Posted 1/9/2015 4:10 AM (#747380 - in reply to #747370)

AndrewR - 1/8/2015 10:06 PM

Minocqua area is surely a zoo come Memorial Day weekend, but there are some nice out of the way gems in the area that offer the escape.

You said it AndrewR. I fished the Minocqua chain once, with a friend who lived on the lake. On one cast I nearly snagged a water skier who passed within six feet of our boat. Crazy.

Fr. K
jonnysled
Posted 1/9/2015 5:37 AM (#747382 - in reply to #747380)

Minocqua Chain is my home water and I'm on it a lot ... Memorial Weekend weather depending isn't too bad. Early and late you have it to yourself and during the day depending on how well you know it you can find plenty of places to fish without the made for Chamber responses you're getting. if you load up and want to travel to another lake the choices are endless and some of the best water is hidden in plain sight.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)