Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Broken Insert on TI Rod?

Message Subject: Broken Insert on TI Rod?
TheYoungGun_
Posted 1/6/2015 8:07 PM (#746929)
Subject: Broken Insert on TI Rod?

Hey guys, I have a broken insert on the second eye from the top on my old 8ft XH Tackle Industries rod. I know this rod is no longer produced so I'm wondering where I can get an insert or is it universal? And how do I fix it??? Thanks!
bigbite
Posted 1/6/2015 9:44 PM (#746948 - in reply to #746929)
Subject: RE: Broken Insert??? On TI Rod?

James will take care of you. I'm sure he will see this and contact you or you can e-mail or pm him. He's a good guy and stands behind all his products
Zib
Posted 1/6/2015 11:29 PM (#746958 - in reply to #746929)
Subject: RE: Broken Insert??? On TI Rod?

You can't just replace the insert. The whole guide needs to be replaced. I'm not sure what guide was used on the older TI rods but James should be able to answer that for you.

I broke 2 of the inserts on my 9" XH TI a couple years ago because I accidentally kicked it while it was laying on the floor in my boat. Cost me $20 to have both guides replaced by a custom rod builder.

Tackle Industries
Posted 1/7/2015 6:18 AM (#746966 - in reply to #746958)
Subject: Re: Broken Insert on TI Rod?

Just sent you an email Cole.

On a side note, dings, drops, kicks, gunnel hits, etc are why we moved to the new high grade stainless insert rings. They have been working great for the last 18 months on the new design. Stop by our booth at Chicago musky expo this weekend and take a look.
lennyg3
Posted 1/7/2015 12:25 PM (#747027 - in reply to #746929)

I've had inserts come loose on 2 of my TI rods. Both were the top eye. I replaced them with solid stainless eyes and haven't had a problem since.
TheYoungGun_
Posted 1/7/2015 10:25 PM (#747179 - in reply to #746929)

I've never broke an eye on the new TI Rods. Only my original 8ft XH.
TheYoungGun_
Posted 1/7/2015 10:29 PM (#747180 - in reply to #746929)

James took very good care of me. Thanks everyone!
Tackle Industries
Posted 1/8/2015 5:52 AM (#747189 - in reply to #746929)

Ya, we learned a lesson on rod guides. We used the SiC and then went to Fuji Alconite guides and even those had some issues. Stone, ceramite, composite, etc rings will break if you hit them and many tiems you don't even know you cracked or broken them. With the new alloy ring sets we are using the guides have to be stepped on or driven over them to destroy them. Reduces one more potential issue that can impact your fishing trip On any brand of rod, if you crack or break a ceramic insert you just need to remove it all from the guide housing and then your still able to fish for your trip. Don't leave any of he ring in the guide housing. They are sharp as razor blades and will send your lures to the bottom of the lake...
byteme90k
Posted 1/8/2015 9:10 AM (#747213 - in reply to #746929)

Great tip James!
Simple Man
Posted 1/8/2015 9:32 AM (#747222 - in reply to #747189)

Thanks James...great tip for sure.  I learned the hard way a while back and lost my original Jed Volkman "Sure Thing" lure to the bottom of the Lower Manitou.  Fortunately for me, I lost it about 5 casts after we landed my PB so I got luck that it didnt happen with a fish on.  I didnt know I had the issue until after I lost the lure. 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)