Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Ohio Muskie Show Swap Meet and Minnow Fund Raffle

Message Subject: Ohio Muskie Show Swap Meet and Minnow Fund Raffle
2roofmusky
Posted 1/19/2015 11:38 AM (#749394)
Subject: Ohio Muskie Show Swap Meet and Minnow Fund Raffle

We are excited to announce that we will be hosting the 6th Annual Musky Swap meet after the Ohio Musky Show on Saturday, January 24th. The swap will be in the conference room and lobby at the Hampton Inn in Hilliard which is also the host hotel for the Ohio Musky Show. The tables will be free and as always admission is free. Bring any lures, rods reels and other related equipment that's just collecting dust. Set up begins at 6pm for people bringing gear to swap. Doors open to the public at 7pm. *NO EARLY BIRDS PLEASE*
3950 Lyman Dr.
Hilliard, OH 43026

Over the last several years, we have also put together a raffle to benefit the ODNR minnow fund. This raffle has grown quite a bit and was able to generate an impressive $1281.00 in 2.5 hours last year! The funds were donated directly to Helena Chemical via Elmer Heyob this past year. We have this year's raffle table "in the works" already! Mike Money has been hard at work in his bait shop, handcrafting custom shad baits for the raffle. Gip Durham has been digging deep into his tackle boxes and has found yet another Legend Plow to donate. I found several brand new Legend Perchbaits in rare colors and a few other lures to throw in. Many other baitmakers have already committed to donate prior to the swap. We are pretty sure this swap will be even better than last years'! We would also love to top the $1281.00 raised last year!

We invite any and all basement baitmakers, painters and/or collectors to donate to our annual raffle table. Your name/brand will be announced at the time of the raffle and included in our wrap up list following the swap. ALL PROCEEDS from raffle tickets and beverage "donations" are donated through to the ODNR Minnow Fund.

*Adult beverages will again be available with a $1 donation to the ODNR Minnow Fund.

If you would like more info on donating to the raffle, reserving a swap table or any other general info on the event, don't hesitate to contact us.
Gabe Rosplock
email- [email protected]
PH- 440-796-9926

Mike Money
email- [email protected]
PH- 740-255-6702

The 5th Annual Ohio Swap Meet and Raffle was an overwhelming success! Despite the terrible weather combined with even worse driving conditions, the swap was packed! As soon as the doors opened for setup, people began displaying tackle quickly. The swap soon overflowed into the lobby area! I wanted to take some pictures but instead I was swamped with ticket sales for the Minnow Fund Raffle table the entire time. The complimentary 20 pizzas were eaten in record time! In the short, 2.5 hours from open 'til raffle, we generated a staggering, $1281.00 for minnow fund. Special thanks to everyone that helped and donated:

Come join us for a great time and make this the BEST Ohio Swap & Minnow Fund raffle yet!

Read more: http://esoxeast.proboards.com/thread/4162/annual-ohio-muskie-show-r...
2roofmusky
Posted 1/20/2015 6:37 AM (#749494 - in reply to #749394)
Subject: RE: Ohio Muskie Show Swap Meet and Minnow Fund Raffle

We have already received an overwhelming amount of support for this year's raffle table! Here's a short list of donors off the top of my head:

-Boss Shad Lures ( Paul sent me a pic of the customs he did for the raffle and my jaw dropped! )
-Hammer Lures
-Wiley Lures
-Grandma Lures
-Ice Cream Truck Lures
-Money Baits / Mike Money
-Lunge Lumber Lures
-Newman Lures
-Marshall Custom Tackle
-The Ohio Huskie Muskie Club
-Jim Novak / ch 19
-Don Knight / ch 56
-Gip Durham / ohmc
-Rob VanGorder / ch 41
-Rick Lundstrom / ch 19
-Kevin Goldberg / ch 19
-Tad Martinez / ch 19
-Gabe Rosplock / ch 19
-Jim Morrison

I don't have the full list in front of me right now but this is going to be a serious raffle table this year! You'll have to be there to see!
*If you would like to donate to the raffle table, feel free to post here, contact me or Mike Money or just bring your donation to the swap.

Read more: http://esoxeast.proboards.com/thread/4162/annual-ohio-muskie-show-r...
Fin-Addict
Posted 1/22/2015 7:59 AM (#749818 - in reply to #749394)
Subject: Re: Ohio Muskie Show Swap Meet and Minnow Fund Raffle

I'm coming up earlier than planned to attend this Muskypalooza Saturday night. Thanks for your efforts guys; GREAT time, great cause ... a real Musky anglers delight! C'ya Saturday night... :-P
2roofmusky
Posted 1/23/2015 7:44 AM (#749940 - in reply to #749394)
Subject: Re: Ohio Muskie Show Swap Meet and Minnow Fund Raffle

Thanks for the kind words and support Fin-addict! The raffle table(s)is/are going to be absolutely amazing this year! The flood gates opened up and the donations have been pouring in! We have received an overwhelming amount of support in putting the event on this year! It's a great cause with 100% of the proceeds benefitting Ohio's stocking program. We look forward to seeing everyone there again Saturday night!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)