Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Map Advice For New Lowrance HDS-8

Message Subject: Map Advice For New Lowrance HDS-8
chadw18
Posted 1/3/2015 12:03 AM (#746372)
Subject: Map Advice For New Lowrance HDS-8

I am wondering what is the best brand to get? I have not bought or used a map before in any fishfinder so any input would be helpful. We will mostly be fishing Wisconsin but we also go to Lac Suel every year, I do understand that two maps would be needed for Canada and Wisconsin. Thanks for your time!!
Pal
Posted 1/3/2015 6:40 AM (#746378 - in reply to #746372)
Subject: RE: Map Advice For New Lowrance HDS-8

Gen 1 or Gen 2 ?

Will you be running an external puck for maximum update return rate for your location ?

Beyond that, I have always thought it was a personal preference as far as best details. For my fishing in WI and MN, I thought Lakemaster was the best. As Lowrance and Humminbird now require completely different chips, the Lowrance side is now Insight.
You do have an option for Navionics also.

I would go to a local store that sells different types and check out the lakes you will be on the most to see which might fit your needs best.

Good Luck.

Pal
4amuskie
Posted 1/3/2015 8:10 AM (#746383 - in reply to #746372)

You really need to check out the Navionics + chips. Load what you need up to 2gb. Updates for a year. Sonar charts. Go on Navionics site and use web app to see the mapping for anywhere for free.
chadw18
Posted 1/4/2015 5:15 PM (#746580 - in reply to #746383)

Thanks everyone. From what research I've done and from what I am hearing from others I will try out the Navionics Platinum maps.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)