Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Humminbird 899

Reply New post
Message Subject: Humminbird 899
AnythingOutdoors
Posted 10/2/2014 11:31 AM (#732950)
Subject: Humminbird 899

So I got brand new humminbirds this year, 899 and 859, and they worked great for about 2 months in the spring and since I got them linked they really haven't worked very well. The unit struggles to pick up depth and the sensitivity is nonexistent. I have the sensitivity cranked and I'll pick up little blue lines for the 13' weeds on tonka. Also it doesn't mark anything in the middle of the water column. I haven't called humminbird yet in fear of not having electronics for a few weeks if they have to be sent in, but has anyone seen this before? Maybe another idea is if I could find someone with the same unit I could meet on the lake and swap units so I could see if the problem is in the head unit or transducer? I know that's asking a lot but it's the best idea I've had.
kjgmh
Posted 10/2/2014 11:59 AM (#732961 - in reply to #732950)
Subject: Re: Humminbird 899

Have you tried un-linking them and see if they work better? Be sure to have the latest software updates in them, that will be the first thing Humminbird asks if you call them. Are you running 1 ducer for both, or how are they setup?
AnythingOutdoors
Posted 10/2/2014 12:31 PM (#732969 - in reply to #732950)
Subject: RE: Humminbird 899

I have them both running off the compact sidescan. 899 on the dash with the 859 up front. When i wasn't having problems I didn't have them linked and I had each running on their own transducers, one on the TM and sidescan on the transom.

I tried to update them, but it never read the SD card when i put it in. I must have screwed that up somehow, but I haven't looked into it yet.
tr7
Posted 10/2/2014 10:22 PM (#733084 - in reply to #732950)
Subject: Re: Humminbird 899

As mentioned above, check the latest software updates. Note though the update process is different with everything linked together. Check out Humminbird Select on the web. You can register your units and become a member there. Those guys know their stuff!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)