Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Aeronautical flutter?????????

Message Subject: Aeronautical flutter?????????
MuskieE
Posted 3/21/2003 8:44 PM (#64471)
Subject: Aeronautical flutter?????????

Hard plastic baits to soft rubber baits.Imatation of bait fish and preditor fish.The worst gimic ever sold and marketed by far!."Fish attack live things" and they determine if things are alive by watching there movements.The most over rated gimic ive heard is this bait looks like forage.WRONG!!WRONG!! WRONG!!......Real live fish swim with there head stationary and use there tail to propell there self.The exact oppisite of a muskie crank bait,most are design with the lip forward the head to give all the action,most your weighting is done near the head.Maybe this is why the squirrly jake is a good bait makes the bait look like it tail proppelled from being soft????Not saying other hard baits wont catch fish which they oviously do.So what do you think about aeronautical flutter and movements of hard and soft baits?
MuskieE
Posted 3/22/2003 4:46 PM (#64525 - in reply to #64471)
Subject: RE: Aeronautical flutter?????????

some thoughts here guys???
Plitz.....
Posted 3/22/2003 8:29 PM (#64545 - in reply to #64471)

Eric,I have a thought. How about what are you talking about!!!! You need to quit inhailing all them fumes from the rubberhairy factory.your pal plitzzz
Sponge
Posted 3/22/2003 8:35 PM (#64546 - in reply to #64471)

Do you have any parts for a Banjo Minnow? I broke the C flat string on mine...:O
sworrall
Posted 3/22/2003 9:58 PM (#64549 - in reply to #64546)

To nutshell it, you are pretty much correct.
MuskieE
Posted 3/24/2003 7:18 PM (#64679 - in reply to #64471)

Is there any fish species out there that swims with its head action first?
Jomusky
Posted 3/24/2003 7:42 PM (#64684 - in reply to #64679)

Goes to show you that details like that don't matter so much.
In my opinion, what does matter is the correct vibration/sound waves, flash, silhouette, and color.
And what about smell?
Then there is that, they would bite a 2 X 4 thing, if something moves in front of their face. I know a few of the fish I've caught have been in this mode.
mclarkin777
Posted 3/24/2003 11:20 PM (#64705 - in reply to #64471)

You're pretty much right and that's why one of the best fish catching artifials of all time is probably the twister tail jig in it's various forms.

But you might be forgetting that the marketing gimmick of many artificials is that there is something erratic or unusual about them. While there are certainly times when a natural presentation (color, action, speed, etc) is the way to catch fish, there are many times when the unnatural presentation with unnatural colors (firetigers, flo. orange, chartreuse and such), erratic movement (jerk and glide baits, spoons, vertical jigs, etc), and unusual (very fast) retrieve speeds outproduce the natural presentation. The fish are likely noticing theses strange "foods" and thus home in on them.

So the head shaking swim of artificial baits may be the very thing that makes a big ole musky think that it's injured (thus an easy meal) or just curiously strange enough to chase down.

HMMM? JMHO.

mclarkin777
mclarkin777
Posted 3/24/2003 11:22 PM (#64706 - in reply to #64705)

Now what about rattles! Are there any natural forage fish that rattle, click, clack, or slap? The gamefish are still drawn to the sound.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)