Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> How did everyone do??

Message Subject: How did everyone do??
SteveHulbert
Posted 3/24/2003 7:03 AM (#64600)
Subject: How did everyone do??

I wasn't able to get out this weekend.  But one of the boats is now ready for another season of action. 

Did anyone fish Tippe or Webster??  How about Shelbyville or The Cave??   What about you Ohio boys??  Let's hear it.

I'm headed down to the Cave on Wednesday morning.  I'm ready to do some serious musky harassin' !!

spieg
Posted 3/24/2003 8:25 AM (#64608 - in reply to #64600)
Subject: RE: How did everyone do??

We fished Webster(for the first time), caught a 31" and a 24". Everyone else on the water seemed to be either getting fish in the 30s or nothing at all. Twenty or twenty five boats on the water most of the day. Water temps in the mid to upper 40s and actually hit 50 in the north east corner of the lake. Both of our fish, and almost all of the others we heard about came from shallow water. One boat said they had caught one shallow, and one on a steep break.
Luke_Chinewalker
Posted 3/24/2003 11:31 AM (#64626 - in reply to #64608)
Subject: Get your jig n' creature out!

Steve:

We were on web and another area lake Sunday. TOUGH! The only fish we found were VERY shallow and quite lethargic. Many dead and some still dying fish on the surface. Not just shad either. Several 3+lb bass and many bluegills. I wonder if the thick ice over such a long period has starved the fish for oxygen which might explain why the muskies are bedding down in the weeds. We did pull _some_ green weeds in areas we found muskies.
Schuler
Posted 3/24/2003 4:49 PM (#64670 - in reply to #64600)
Subject: RE: How did everyone do??

I was on a small northern IL lake and ended up blanking. I had one on but it threw the lure. It was in 2' of water with weeds. Water temps were 44-46 on saturday and 48 on sunday.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)