Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Ice Out in IN

Message Subject: Ice Out in IN
stephendawg
Posted 3/21/2003 10:49 AM (#64430)
Subject: Ice Out in IN

LukeC.

Ice is out on all lakes in the North Webster area. Can I breath now?....

Edited by stephendawg 3/21/2003 10:24 PM
Sponge
Posted 3/21/2003 12:33 PM (#64436 - in reply to #64430)
Subject: RE: Ice Out in IN (part deux)

Dawg dude...no responses, probably because you don't have the ENGLISH # 2...;) repost w/ that and see what happens...
dpratt
Posted 3/21/2003 3:13 PM (#64442 - in reply to #64430)

Indiana has lakes? I thought it was all corn!

Seriously, I'd be heading that way if I didn't have to go through Chicagoland to get there.
stephendawg
Posted 3/21/2003 10:27 PM (#64488 - in reply to #64442)

.."There's more than corn....in Indiana"....

There's more than the Chicago 80-94 highway system too! (Thank goodness!)

kevin
Posted 3/23/2003 8:58 PM (#64593 - in reply to #64430)
Subject: RE: Ice Out in IN

Was down there today. Ice was gone by wednesday according to my neighbor down there. Didn't get out on the water but will say this: All fish I saw (including the dead sheephead with bitemarks on the tail) were shallow. Lots of gills and some 1-2 lbs bass. If any one wants to use live cats for bait let me know as one decided to sneak into my boat despite efforts to prevent it. Couldn't smell if it did...well anything in the boat but the entire box of mothballs I had around my cottage and boat didn't seem to work.
spieg
Posted 3/23/2003 10:11 PM (#64597 - in reply to #64430)
Subject: RE: Ice Out in IN

A friend and I made it down to webster today also. It was the first time we ever fished there, but here are my observations. The backwater is pretty much unfishable right now. Depths ranged from 0-3ft, lots of dead weeds. There were a few dead sheephead, and one alive that we saw on the backwaters. On webster, we saw several dead bluegills and a dead bass.

As for musky, I think it still may be a bit cold or something. Water temps for us were 43-50. 50 on the north east end of the lake, 43-46 most every where else. We talked to a few different guys out there, and one boat we talked to had boated two in the low 30s, one from shallow water, one from a deep break. The DNR officer that was there said a guy left just before we got there who caught a 38.

We ended up catching two also, one 31" in shallow water (~6ft), and one 24" in even shallower water (~3'). No other follows, bites, or anything else.

If nothing else, it was a great day to get out on the water! I cant remember the last time ive been sunburned in March. It had to have been close to 70 out there all afternoon.

Edited by spieg 3/23/2003 10:13 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)