Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> HDS Networking

Reply New post
Message Subject: HDS Networking
flyingfish8604
Posted 8/2/2014 1:25 PM (#723877)
Subject: HDS Networking

Hey guys,

I have 2 HDS-5 Gen 1s that I'd like to be able to network waypoints etc. I have the LSS-1 Structure Scan too, but I don't need to share that. Just wondering if I can get away with just an Ethernet cable, or if I have to get the expansion box.

I'm sure if I would get the XM Weather, I'd have to get the expansion box, but that's a ways off.

Thanks for your help.

Eric
Jerry Newman
Posted 8/2/2014 9:37 PM (#723910 - in reply to #723877)
Subject: RE: HDS Networking

I just crawled out from underneath my dash hooking up ethernet.

You can just hook them together with one ethernet cable, or run an ethernet cable from each unit to the LSS1 box and have structure scan available for both (There are three ethernet ports available from the LSS-1). If one of your units has 2 ethernet ports you can run the other units ethernet cable into it and then just one ethernet cable to the LSS-1 too. Ethernet is very user-friendly… as long as you have everything hooked up and powered it will work.

You may not need an expansion box too... I currently have three units and the weather module networked using the LSS-1 box with a piggyback from one of my HDS units that has two ethernet ports.
flyingfish8604
Posted 8/2/2014 10:25 PM (#723912 - in reply to #723910)
Subject: Re: HDS Networking

Thank you very much for the reply. I think I will start with the one Ethernet cable, and then go from there.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)