Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Beckman net bag repair.

Message Subject: Beckman net bag repair.
FAT-SKI
Posted 7/3/2014 1:07 PM (#719041)
Subject: Beckman net bag repair.

So I had my boat battery in the trunk of my car as I was charging it yesterday at my work. At some point since yesterday it tipped over in my trunk and leaked out onto my Beckman net. I tried to clean it up but it was too far gone. I just ended up cutting the bag to get all of the contaminated bag parts off. Does anyone think that I could just zip tie the bag back together with heavier duty zip ties? Or is there a better option out there?

I would like to avoid buying an all new bag. That is my ultimate last resort. Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated
ToddM
Posted 7/3/2014 1:17 PM (#719044 - in reply to #719041)
Subject: Re: Beckman net bag repair.

I fix my net bag with superline. Just ties it together. Works fine. My small boat net bag has about 15 repairs in it. A 36" fish can swim out of a net with just two strands in a row busted. Always keep an eye on your net bag especially if your cutting hooks or someone less experienced is cutting hooks in your net.
EastwoodNorris
Posted 7/3/2014 4:04 PM (#719073 - in reply to #719041)
Subject: RE: Beckman net bag repair.

If you use zip ties make sure they're good nylon ones with a metal locker inside such as the Fastenal ones. Keep an eye on them as the sun can and will degrade them over time.
FAT-SKI
Posted 7/4/2014 11:35 AM (#719180 - in reply to #719073)

Used the nylon zip ties. Seem to hold pretty strong. So strong that I actually wonder whats stronger, the zip ties or the regular bag?
todd_yester
Posted 7/4/2014 4:46 PM (#719199 - in reply to #719041)

Planer board line works well. then you can dip it in a rubber coating and now its like new
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)