Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> thorne bros predator rod

Message Subject: thorne bros predator rod
tip up
Posted 6/21/2014 8:24 AM (#716980)
Subject: thorne bros predator rod

I used briefly the other a thorne bros extra heavy. I liked it. Has any body thrown big rubber with it?
Nick,
southern comfort
Posted 6/21/2014 8:55 AM (#716986 - in reply to #716980)
Subject: Re: thorne bros predator rod

I use 9' XH Predator for everything up to Pounders. It will handle Pounders but XXH would be better.
Mojo1269
Posted 6/23/2014 9:11 AM (#717241 - in reply to #716980)
Subject: Re: thorne bros predator rod

I respectfully would disagree. I own an XH and an XXH (and a MH and an H and an H with 2 off the tip . I think the XH loads up much better for casting pounders than the XXH. I like the XXH and use it quite a bit in the fall as a second heavy rubber but I think the XH really shines for baits up to pounders. It loads up and launches them with the minimal amount of extertion needed by the caster, much better than the XH which require a little more "musceling". Now if you want to cast Moster Medussa's and 2 Poounders the XXH does that insanely well. :
CPRAPIG
Posted 6/23/2014 10:19 AM (#717259 - in reply to #716980)
Subject: RE: thorne bros predator rod

I agree with Mojo and prefer a little softer rod for big rubber. (pounder and +)
This rod is a beast and is my favorite rod in the line-up. I have a couple that have 2 years on them and they make great rods for big BTs when they soften a little.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)