Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> confused....

Message Subject: confused....
cmhjohn
Posted 6/20/2014 9:42 AM (#716849)
Subject: confused....

Still pretty new at the Musky game and confused about how to tell the difference between the Wabull and Weagle made by Suick. From what I read at their site the main difference is the depth with the wabull running just below the surface and the weagle being primarily a top water bait. If one has two or three weagles on hand do you really need two or three wabulls also? Or do you simply control the depth you want to fish by the action of your rod?
And as a practical matter how does one tell the difference between the two lures when buying a used one? They appear to me to be almost identical.
I am going on a trip to Cedar Point Resort in Ontario and thinking these baits may be a good one to take along. I am very impressed by the loyalty shown to these two baits, especially the weagle, by folks up in the north woods country of Wisconsin and Minnesota. Obviously there is a reason.
Thanks for sharing your experience.
ToddM
Posted 6/20/2014 10:35 AM (#716859 - in reply to #716849)
Subject: Re: confused....

The weagle is a top water walk the dog bait. The wabull is a sub surface glider. Two different baits made from the same blank. Packaging should say what is what and the wabull being a slow sinking glider should be a heavier bait.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)