Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Okuma Citrix 364

Message Subject: Okuma Citrix 364
lennyg3
Posted 6/13/2014 9:41 PM (#715550)
Subject: Okuma Citrix 364

Has anyone had a chance to try this reel out? It seems very close in specs to the Komodo, minus 2 ball bearings. All stainless internals, 6.4 gear ratio, 25lb of drag, bait clicker, ect... It can also be had for $135 give or take on ebay. So that begs the question; is the Komodo worth the extra $30+?
Zib
Posted 6/13/2014 10:38 PM (#715563 - in reply to #715550)
Subject: RE: Okuma Citrix 364

The Citrix has brass gears from what I remember reading. I just got my Komodo in the mail yesterday. I can't wait to try it, though I'm afraid it's going to be noisy with those stainless steel gears.

lennyg3
Posted 6/14/2014 12:32 AM (#715572 - in reply to #715563)

Zib - 6/13/2014 11:38 PM

The Citrix has brass gears from what I remember reading. I just got my Komodo in the mail yesterday. I can't wait to try it, though I'm afraid it's going to be noisy with those stainless steel gears.

it states ''all stainless steel internals''

Designed for fishing swimbaits and other big baits for bass, calicos and rockfish, the Okuma Citrix 364 Series Casting Reel delivers the proven, affordable Citrix performance - now in a bigger 350-size. Featuring all stainless steel internals, it has the corrosion resistance to handle saltwater or freshwater fishing. Its eight stainless steel bearing system (7+1) ensures consistently fluid casts and retrieves, and its Centrifugal Cast Control System is externally adjustable so you can make quick changes on the fly without having to remove the sideplate. The Multi-Disc Carbonite Drag System dishes out a robust 25lbs or max drag, and the Citrix 364 also features a Zirconium Line Guide to stand up to the abuse from braided lines. Powerful, affordable and comfortable to fish, the Okuma Citrix 364 Series Casting Reel delivers beefed up performance for saltwater or freshwater fishing.

Zib
Posted 6/14/2014 4:11 PM (#715652 - in reply to #715572)

lennyg3 - 6/14/2014 1:32 AM
Zib - 6/13/2014 11:38 PM

it states ''all stainless steel internals''

Designed for fishing swimbaits and other big baits for bass, calicos and rockfish, the Okuma Citrix 364 Series Casting Reel delivers the proven, affordable Citrix performance - now in a bigger 350-size. Featuring all stainless steel internals, it has the corrosion resistance to handle saltwater or freshwater fishing. Its eight stainless steel bearing system (7+1) ensures consistently fluid casts and retrieves, and its Centrifugal Cast Control System is externally adjustable so you can make quick changes on the fly without having to remove the sideplate. The Multi-Disc Carbonite Drag System dishes out a robust 25lbs or max drag, and the Citrix 364 also features a Zirconium Line Guide to stand up to the abuse from braided lines. Powerful, affordable and comfortable to fish, the Okuma Citrix 364 Series Casting Reel delivers beefed up performance for saltwater or freshwater fishing.

Not sure where you got that from but Okuma's website states otherwise.

Citrix 350
To maximize success on trophy bass, stripers, musky, salmon, and a host of inshore species, it takes strength, line capacity and a powerful drag system. Anglers will receive it all in the Citrix 350. The Citrix 350 holds a line capacity of 230 yards of 14-pounds. For comparison current entries in the market hold just 190-yards of 14-pound. Maximizing the opportunity provided by substantial line capacity is a Carbonite and stainless drag system that outputs 25-pounds of maximum drag. Again, current entries in the market output just 15 and 22 pounds.The main gear and pinion gear in reel is is Dura Brass for exceptional smoothness while retaining the stainless steel spool shaft. Citrix\'s frame, spool and handle side plate\'s are all aluminum for additional strength and long term alignment of internal parts.
Reels feature:

ALC: Rigid diecast aluminum frame and sideplates 
CRC: Corrosion-Resistant Coating process
Durable brass main and pinion gear system
A6061-T6 machined aluminum, anodized spool
Multi-disc Carbonite drag system with 25-lbs max drag
Micro-click drag star for precise drag settings
7BB+1RB stainless steel bearing drive system
Precision Japanese ABEC-5 spool bearings
Dual anti-reverse system for maximum reliability
Synchronized levelwind optimized for braided line
7-position Velocity Control System under palm cover
Zirconium line guide inserts for use with braided line
On/Off bait clicker for trolling, chunking or bait fishing
Available in both right and left hand retrieve
CITRIX reels are backed by a 1-year warranty program

http://www.okumafishing.com/product/view/reels/baitcast-reels-low-profile/citrix-350

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)