Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Color and profile flash.......

Message Subject: Color and profile flash.......
MuskieE
Posted 3/15/2003 8:14 PM (#63857)
Subject: Color and profile flash.......

Is there more than one flash given off a bait that the fish see's?One flash from the color and one flash from the profile?
sworrall
Posted 3/16/2003 6:28 AM (#63870 - in reply to #63857)
Subject: RE: Color and profile flash.......

'Flash' is reflected light from the surface of the bait. Surfaces that are shiny, and colored white to silver or chrome reflect light sources well, dull darker finishes not as well.

Color provides contrast, allowing seperation of the object and the object's profile from the background. I don't put alot of emphasis on 'flash' with the lures I build. Most light sources in the water are coming from the surface, anyway, and unless the bait finish is really special, little light is reflected downward. I feel that the key is making sure the fish can see the lure against the background against which the lure is presented. MHO.

Slamr
Posted 3/16/2003 2:46 PM (#63880 - in reply to #63857)
Subject: RE: Color and profile flash.......

As much as I respect your opinion Mr. Worrall...at least for the waters I FISH, I feel that flash is more important than color/contrast. BUT then again, I am fishing alot of shad based waters....where the color of the forage is flash, if its fleeing that is, like my baits are designed to run. So what is my point? I don't remember what it was, off to work on Azrael, wish me luck!

Slamr
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)