Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Canada Trip Advice

Message Subject: Canada Trip Advice
jackpotjohnny48
Posted 4/22/2014 3:54 PM (#708144)
Subject: Canada Trip Advice

Hi guys,

I'm doing some work for a college class here at the UW Madison, and working on an assignment. I have to develop a website, and work on various techniques to track the traffic to my site. It is not a commercial site, so I'm hoping that I'm not violating any board rules in posting a link to my site.

If you get a chance, please click on the link, check it out, and give me feedback here on this thread. It's just random photographs, youtube videos, and trip planning advice from some of my past trips to Canada. (I wanted to add a forum too, if time permits, but I may not end up doing that).

It's still in the early stages, but any advice / feedback you could give would be helpful. Please check it out if you get a chance, though, because I need to test traffic analytics and furnish a report by tomorrow. So I'm testing to see what effect forum posting has on site traffic.

Here's the site.... www.canadatripadvisor.net

Thanks for the help!
"Jackpot" John Schroeder
wolftagsaml
Posted 4/23/2014 7:35 AM (#708251 - in reply to #708144)
Subject: RE: Canada Trip Advice

Johnny, this is a terrific idea. I have thought about building a similar site. One suggestion, is that maybe you could place the lodge reviews into a threaded format. People could then comment on each resort/lake with there own personal experiences or questions. This would keep the reviews page neat and cleanly organized.
10,000 Casts
Posted 4/23/2014 7:43 AM (#708253 - in reply to #708144)

jackpotjohnny48 - 4/22/2014 3:54 PM

I'm doing some work for a college class here at the UW Madison, and working on an assignment.

jackpotjohnny48 - 4/22/2014 3:54 PM

Please check it out if you get a chance, though, because I need to test traffic analytics and furnish a report by tomorrow.

Sounds about right.

Edited by 10,000 Casts 4/23/2014 7:44 AM
DonPursch
Posted 4/23/2014 11:19 AM (#708308 - in reply to #708253)

Hey John great idea could grow into a monster any help just ask
dfkiii
Posted 4/23/2014 6:07 PM (#708401 - in reply to #708144)
Subject: Re: Canada Trip Advice

Maybe add a page of info on what people with "records" need to do/be aware of when crossing the border. There always seems to be a few threads on this topic every spring, and a variety of opinions on what needs to be done. I'm sure there are a number of folks who would find it helpful.
Simple Man
Posted 4/23/2014 6:38 PM (#708410 - in reply to #708401)
Subject: Re: Canada Trip Advice

dfkiii - 4/23/2014 6:07 PM Maybe add a page of info on what people with "records" need to do/be aware of when crossing the border. There always seems to be a few threads on this topic every spring, and a variety of opinions on what needs to be done. I'm sure there are a number of folks who would find it helpful.

Good Idea....to take it a step further, a tab/page that describes crossing requirements by catagory (ex. kids (consent paper etc.), criminal records, standard entry/exit with passport, passport card, enhanced license etc... and links with instructions for each. 

Also, a page that shows advice on typical stop points for supplies either at border or acrossborder and their hours of operations....such as hotels in Ifalls/Dryden, LBCO (hrs of operation), grocery points etc....  this way folks can plan their travel around known stop points based on advice from forum

jackpotjohnny48
Posted 4/26/2014 9:09 PM (#708961 - in reply to #708144)

Thanks for all the help, guys! It is much appreciated.

"Jackpot" John Schroeder
jackpotjohnny48
Posted 4/26/2014 9:29 PM (#708962 - in reply to #708308)

DonPursch - 4/23/2014 11:19 AM

Hey John great idea could grow into a monster any help just ask

Thanks, Don! Hey, if you noticed, I even included a review of Nielsen's on the Lodge review tab. It even includes a picture of the infamous "bloody thumb" musky!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)