Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Hamby Beaching Bumpers

Reply New post
Message Subject: Hamby Beaching Bumpers
muskycop
Posted 3/3/2014 12:04 PM (#695650)
Subject: Hamby Beaching Bumpers

Looking for some feedback on these. Just purchased a Recon 985 in the fall and will need something like this to protect the hull, ( especially in Canada ). Anyone have recent reviews on this product. Website states they must be professionally installed. What did you guys pay for this with installation? Tanks for the help!
Randy
Posted 3/3/2014 12:12 PM (#695654 - in reply to #695650)
Subject: RE: Hamby Beaching Bumpers

Seems like I paid around $600?
teddy b
Posted 3/3/2014 12:36 PM (#695671 - in reply to #695650)
Subject: Re: Hamby Beaching Bumpers

I damaged mine battling some ice last fall. I have been getting quotes for removal and installation of a new Hamby's. Quoting with 3-4 places has this ranging between $1100-1300. Again this is for removal and re-install. If you go on Hamby's website, they have their authorized dealers listed. That is what I used to start calling around.

I would not recommend using your boat as an ice breaker once you get the Hamby's...ripped mine off pretty good. Lesson learned for me.
jonnysled
Posted 3/3/2014 12:40 PM (#695672 - in reply to #695671)

more trouble than they are worth …

the re-install example is worth reading a couple times and adding to your original estimate of installation.

i'd never put another one on a boat. once bitten, nah - twice
tomcat
Posted 3/4/2014 7:40 AM (#695952 - in reply to #695650)

I had a marina install a heavy duty Hamby keel protector on my boat in 2005. I beach my boat ALL THE TIME. basically everytime I launch my boat and put it back on the trailer I beach it. I have had zero issues. absolutely zero. don't get the "light" version for self installation. get the heavy duty and you'll be very pleased do you did so. I don't remember how much I paid for the product and installation, but I believe it was less than $600. When I get another boat, I will surely be putting another heavy duty Hamby keep protector on it. I have had to beach my boat on rocks, gravels, sand, muck, ..every type of shore and bottom there is. Just don't get the light, self install version. get the heavy duty or don't get one at all.
I am going to assume the marina uses a Hamby's preferred two part epoxy to install it..(not two sided "tape"), so you just want to reinforce with your marina that the surface has to be prepped properly and to install inside, not in the freezing cold weather.
tomcat
muskycop
Posted 3/4/2014 8:53 AM (#695980 - in reply to #695650)

Thanks for the feedback guys!
jonnysled
Posted 3/4/2014 9:15 AM (#695991 - in reply to #695980)

Tomcat makes a critical point … make SURE whomever installs it uses the right product but more importantly knows what they are doing and do it frequently. You can buy Rangers with factory installed Hamby's … after-market it's a product but the primary installation is crucial and can't be left to the trainee/flunkee in the corner to do the job. after-market keel guards can be a nightmare so if you go that route … do your homework and get some referrals from someone who's done it with them and uses their boat hard.
muskycop
Posted 3/7/2014 6:33 PM (#697182 - in reply to #695650)

Thanks for the opinions and info. Called a couple authorized Hamby dealers in my area. Looks like I can get the good one for 675 installed. Think I am going to go for it.
Hodag Hunter
Posted 3/7/2014 8:11 PM (#697233 - in reply to #697182)

Post some pictures of the Recon. The 985 model looks good and seen one in person.
muskycop
Posted 3/7/2014 8:55 PM (#697246 - in reply to #697233)

As soon as I can get it out of storage I will post some pics.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)