Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Lure Questions

Message Subject: Lure Questions
Yooper Padre
Posted 3/12/2014 3:35 PM (#698647)
Subject: Lure Questions

Here's a picture of a couple hand-me-down lures that I have a few questions about. I know the first is a Pikie Minnow, and a big one. It's quite heavy, so I assume it's of newer construction, definitely not balsa. My question: is it any good, and if so, what's the best way to fish it? Jerk bait style?

I have no idea what the critter at the bottom of the photo is. Anyone know? I'd think it's best fished walk the dog, and my guess it it should throw a bit of water. Ideas?

Thanks.

Fr. K

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(photo.small.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments photo.small.jpg (149KB - 126 downloads)
Pete Stoltman
Posted 3/12/2014 3:42 PM (#698649 - in reply to #698647)
Subject: Re: Lure Questions

Bottom lure was called a Musky (or Muskie) Tickler. They were around for a couple years but haven't seen any of those in at least the last 3 years or so. It was a jerkbait.
Cedar
Posted 3/12/2014 5:16 PM (#698676 - in reply to #698647)
Subject: RE: Lure Questions

The top Pikie type bait can be used as you would any other crankbait. The bigger, heavier ones are probably best trolled, but can be cast also (straight retrieve, twitch, or jerk). That one might make an interesting throw back bait with its big, slow wobble, and not many fish have seen a bait like that before. Caught quite a few Muskies, Pike, and Walleye on original Pikie Minnows back in the day. They don't get much use any more, but I should probably rethink that a bit. Good Luck.
Yooper Padre
Posted 3/12/2014 7:28 PM (#698727 - in reply to #698647)
Subject: Re: Lure Questions

Thanks much guys. With a bit of luck I'll add to this post in a couple months, showing a big 'ski caught with each of them.

Fr. K
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)