Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> New Shimano Musky Compre Rod

Message Subject: New Shimano Musky Compre Rod
Drakl
Posted 3/25/2014 7:12 AM (#701889)
Subject: New Shimano Musky Compre Rod

I had an older Shimano Musky Compre Rod that broke last fall and I have just received a brand new one from the company. What’s bugging me is that when I called and they told me that I would be getting a new one, is that I asked to make sure that they send the same length rod as the older one, which was 8’ tall, but they ended up sending me the 7’6’’ CPCM76MHD.

That being said, it is not a huge problem since I already bought a replacement rod and will just sell that one.

What I find weird, is that the CPCM76MHD model from the website and the rod I receive don’t have the same specifications, even if they are the same model. The one I received is:

7’6’’
Med/Heavy
3/4-8oz

And the one from the site is:

7’6’’
Med/Heavy
2-6 oz

There’s no trace of a 3/4-8oz rod on shimano’s site. Anybody have an idea what is up what that?
Peter Stoltman
Posted 3/25/2014 8:11 AM (#701899 - in reply to #701889)
Subject: Re: New Shimano Musky Compre Rod

Shimano was bouncing around all over the place with their specs before they finally locked in the numbers for their rods. I suspect that they just never updated the numbers on the website when it comes down to decision time. Happens all the time. Rod ratings are whatever the manufacturer decides they are. Go by the feel and actual ability of the rod not the numbers that they assign to it. The rod you got is probably best suited to that 3/4 to about 4 oz. range in my opinion after having handled all the new Compre rods. 8 oz. is pretty aggressive and I think you'll struggle with that heavy of a lure on that rod blank.
Drakl
Posted 3/25/2014 8:19 AM (#701902 - in reply to #701899)

I think this would be a good suspicion since the rod really didn't feel even close of handling as well 6-8oz range lures as my 2-6oz STC Mojo Musky does. Although, even if I think that STC rods handles always a bit heavier lures than their specification says, 3/4-3 or 4 oz would seems more accurate.
TJones
Posted 3/25/2014 10:58 AM (#701950 - in reply to #701889)

Pete since u handled all the models, what was ur thoughts on the 8' 6" heavy... good for mag dawg and 10 size blades? Tip heavy? Thank you!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)