Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Big Nasty vs Big Dawg

Message Subject: Big Nasty vs Big Dawg
MuskieCriminal
Posted 9/11/2013 11:13 PM (#662711)
Subject: Big Nasty vs Big Dawg

I'm torn between buying another big nasty or getting a big dawg. I have a big nasty and long ranger but want a third set up. I want my third set up to be able to handle 10s just in case I bring a friend that doesn't have a set up or if something were to happen on a trip like low. I also want to be able to throw pounders and giant gliders myself in the fall. I haven't thrown pounders with my nasty. Will that handle pounders and big #*#* well? Any thoughts would help. Thanks
Zinox
Posted 9/12/2013 7:01 AM (#662723 - in reply to #662711)
Subject: Re: Big Nasty vs Big Dawg

Can't help with the big nasty, but i love my Big Dawg, for basically anything, from dc10's to pounders
Ronix
Posted 9/12/2013 7:20 AM (#662725 - in reply to #662723)

Ive used both, the big dawg is slightly more stiff but the nasty has a longer handle (in the split grip) and is perfect for what you are looking for IMO. I use mine for pounders, RO big sexys, 10" phantoms/hellhounds and it works perfectly.
jdeezay74
Posted 9/12/2013 7:34 AM (#662727 - in reply to #662711)
Subject: RE: Big Nasty vs Big Dawg

Nasty should be able to handle just about any blades, big gliders, and big cranks, I also cast and jig the big bondys, it does pounders as well. Pounder mags or big un's like that u might want to make a different choice. I think the rod is great and im a st. Croix fan. I honestly like the sling blade for blades better. I own 5 never had any problems. Make sure you check out the grips I would prefer full now over my splits.
Clammer
Posted 9/12/2013 9:05 AM (#662747 - in reply to #662711)

If you are thinkin Big Dawg there is one on the selling thread. just saying if you don't mind used you can save some $$
Mojo1269
Posted 9/12/2013 10:35 AM (#662761 - in reply to #662711)

I have a Big Nasty and use it to chuck pounders all the time. I think it does just find. i use it interchange-ably (to make a word up) with my XH Pred.
Will Schultz
Posted 9/12/2013 11:37 AM (#662770 - in reply to #662711)

I would suggest adding the BD to your lineup. It does things very well that the BN doesn't do quite as well (my opinion). For instance, monster squirko's and 10" Phantom soft tails are much easier to work with the BD compared to the BN.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)