Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> 10 Best North American Musky Waters

Message Subject: 10 Best North American Musky Waters
thewal2
Posted 8/21/2013 8:26 AM (#658582 - in reply to #503607)
Subject: Re: 10 Best North American Musky Waters

1) St Lawrence - giants (includes 1000 island area all the way and including the ottawa)
2) Georgian Bay - giants
4) St Claire (includes the rivers on both sides!) - numbers and giants
5) Vermillion - numbers and giants
6) Greenbay - giants
7) LOTW - numbers and giants
8) Mille Lacs - numbers and giants
9) Niagra river - Crazy numbers, few giants but the chance at a hog. Fun fishing too!
10) Big Vermillion lake (Hudson ontario) (no pressure and huge fish, but dangerous to run a lot of non marked reefs!) Giants
Musky Brian
Posted 8/21/2013 11:32 AM (#658622 - in reply to #658582)

thewal2 - 8/21/2013 8:26 AM

1) St Lawrence - giants (includes 1000 island area all the way and including the ottawa)
2) Georgian Bay - giants
4) St Claire (includes the rivers on both sides!) - numbers and giants
5) Vermillion - numbers and giants
6) Greenbay - giants
7) LOTW - numbers and giants
8) Mille Lacs - numbers and giants
9) Niagra river - Crazy numbers, few giants but the chance at a hog. Fun fishing too!
10) Big Vermillion lake (Hudson ontario) (no pressure and huge fish, but dangerous to run a lot of non marked reefs!) Giants

Vermilion has numbers? are we talking sunfish, pike, walleyes..?
thewal2
Posted 8/21/2013 5:40 PM (#658698 - in reply to #658622)

Musky Brian - 8/21/2013 11:32 AM

Vermilion has numbers? are we talking sunfish, pike, walleyes..?

I have had good action on the lake.

earlier this month I had a trip with Matt Snyder where we had 13 fish eat baits in 2.5 days, had action from over 13 fish each day. We lost 2 over 50 that ate in the 8, boated 1 over 50 in the 8, had 2 48s in the net one on the 8, and caught 8 total in 3 days. I had 8 50s to the boat myself including 2 fish in the mid 50s on different spots and had 2 50s eat. We had hooks in 13 in 2.5 days and my uncle blew at least 5 fish in the 8 that Im pretty sure would have eaten if he didn't make too small of turns! Those are numbers id say! If they arent Id hate to see numbers. (Webster in 2006 had better numbers but an average size of 36 inches) Amazing trip, but I have had other good trips to the lake.

2 years ago I went on a non guided trip there for 3 days and between 2 guys we boated 8.

Those are my last two 3 day trips to the lake. So I would call it numbers because I have had better than one fish a day average on the lake since I first went there in 2008. I will say that just like any lake there are a lot of bad days I'm sure, I just have had good luck. This is musky fishing anyway, but at least they are in the lake! So numbers!
VonBraun
Posted 8/22/2013 1:37 PM (#658872 - in reply to #503607)

Vermilion's problem isn't a lack of numbers, it's the fact that for whatever reason, that lake seems to have intense and narrow feeding windows. You can be fishing the "right" spots all day and unless you're on a good one during the right times, you get nothing.
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)