Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Bite in Iron County WI?

Message Subject: Bite in Iron County WI?
scolba
Posted 8/21/2013 1:19 PM (#658649)
Subject: Bite in Iron County WI?

Hey guys,

We are headed to Iron Co this weekend, and I was hoping to get some advice.

Some back story...This is sort of a special trip for me.... This July, my 31 year old wife lost her battle with cancer. It was a 6 1/2 year journey for us, during which time a lot of hobbies went by the wayside in favor of traveling to treatments. Fast forward to today, I am back in a new-to-me boat (my therapy...lol), and working back into muskies.

My father-in-law and I are headed up to Iron Co this weekend to do some fishing, and I would really like to be able to put him on some fish. He could use the distraction and the fun that goes with catching! So the catch is....hes not really much of a fisherman. We have been up there before, and he caught like a 18" northern, and that was his biggest fish. So really, I'm looking for numbers....and am certainly not opposed to northern, either, if that keeps the action up.

So I have had some success on Pine Lake there along 51, as well as Moose. Both multiple fish days on bucktails. Gile wasn't as successful in the past, and I'm also lacking a good mapset in my gps...so with the boulders in that lake, that makes me nervous. Don't want to lose a lower unit there..lol. If it were just me fishing, I would be working Pine and Moose, but I don't want to make the wrong call and get skunked, ya know?

So does anybody have any suggestions for where we should spend our time and maybe even tips on what to try? If its just finding cabbage and putting a spoon on for the FIL, I'm good with that!

Thanks!! (and sorry to be a bummer)
Musky Brian
Posted 8/21/2013 1:36 PM (#658654 - in reply to #658649)
Subject: RE: Bite in Iron County WI?

sent you a PM
EC Matt
Posted 8/22/2013 10:10 AM (#658818 - in reply to #658649)
Subject: RE: Bite in Iron County WI?

PM sent
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)