Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Working areas in LOTW

Message Subject: Working areas in LOTW
timhutson1
Posted 8/8/2013 12:50 PM (#656240)
Subject: Working areas in LOTW

So as I have posted before; A friend and I are going to LOTW (NW Angle) next year for a mid July trip. I have read a few posts that talk about the best way to approach this lake as new comers (and since it might become a yearly trip).

It sounds like many people advise picking one area of the lake and learning that general area well rather than running all over the lake looking for those A+ spots. With a potentially hitting different spots on your way to and from your area.

My Question is, If you were in my position what areas of the lake would you pick? I will be staying at Flag Island Resort. I have heard that the Windigo Island, Bishop Bay, Monument Bay, and Big Narrows are good areas. I also do value solitude (but not at the expense of fishing) so maybe not if these are crowded areas typically. Interested in what you all have to say.
qwert001
Posted 8/8/2013 1:34 PM (#656253 - in reply to #656240)
Subject: RE: Working areas in LOTW

fished them areas you were mentioning last week, there are a few more people there especially on windy days because of all the resorts around there, fishing there is good, caught 5, lost 8, raised about 60-70 over the week with the biggest caught being 50.5, its a good place to start, saw alot of big fish in them areas. as far as the running goes, i like to pick a spot and stay with it, for me its piece of mind. (navigating).
Mike
2T Critter
Posted 8/8/2013 5:12 PM (#656306 - in reply to #656240)

I will do a process of elimination. Whatever area you decide to fish try fishing a beach(weeds) then weed rock combos then rocks only. Repeat the process a few times in different locations and let the fish tell you where they are. As for what area to fish all spots look good, if it looks good fish it. Start close to camp then expand your radius. If you are catching/moving fish on a particular structure type look on your map for similar looking spots in that area and hit those.
PGreg
Posted 8/9/2013 5:19 PM (#656610 - in reply to #656240)

Know where you are going and protect your boat. If it looks good fish it!
Matt DeVos
Posted 8/9/2013 8:23 PM (#656633 - in reply to #656240)
Subject: Re: Working areas in LOTW

Tim, those are all good areas. You can hardly go wrong. What looks best to you? In any of those or adjoining areas, find a complex area of underwater real estate, learn it, build outwards from it, and otherwise, have at it! Don't mean to sound flip, but development/discovery of a personalized milkrun is part of what makes LOTW so special.
Musky Brian
Posted 8/10/2013 9:47 PM (#656751 - in reply to #656633)
Subject: Re: Working areas in LOTW

Focus on the area between Windigo up through Bishops. Absolutely no reason for a first timer to be shooting up to the Big Narrows from Flag, you would be driving by countless spots you should be learning
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)