Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Tackle Industry Rods in Saltwater

Message Subject: Tackle Industry Rods in Saltwater
Posted 8/7/2013 9:35 AM (#655926)
Subject: Tackle Industry Rods in Saltwater

Headed to the beach soon and was just wondering if anyone has used their Tackle Industry rods in saltwater. Do they hold up OK or should I leave it at home? I plan on surf casting for blues and throwing 2-6 oz weights with bait for bottom fishing.
MuskyMATT7
Posted 8/7/2013 9:41 AM (#655927 - in reply to #655926)
Subject: Re: Tackle Industry Rods in Saltwater

They will work just fine. I have used the 9' MH for pulling BIG snook out from under pilings and it worked well. The rod will handle Blues just fine. In all honesty unless you plan on hooking into 20+lb stripers as well the TI rods are probably more rod than you need. I am planning on bringing several of my TI rods to the Keys this fall.
Posted 8/7/2013 10:12 AM (#655939 - in reply to #655926)
Subject: RE: Tackle Industry Rods in Saltwater

Thats what I figured. Thanks for the feedback. I like having a little more rod than I need just in case something big is hungry. I also have some St. Croix Mojo Inshore rods I plan on using for lighter applications. You fish Lake Kinkaid in IL? I tried ober Christmas last year but got skunked. Only had a john boat and trolling motor with high winds though. Had to stay pretty close to the boat landing....
Tackle Industries
Posted 8/7/2013 10:22 AM (#655943 - in reply to #655926)
Subject: Re: Tackle Industry Rods in Saltwater

Got guys using these for stripers, tarpon, fluke, sea bass, kings, roosters, wahoo, etc. even got a few who have got some sharks, sailfish, etc on them.

James

PS-Send me some pictures. Love pictures of some of these fish!

Posted 8/7/2013 10:54 AM (#655949 - in reply to #655926)
Subject: RE: Tackle Industry Rods in Saltwater

I will be pairing a T.I. MH with a Daiwa Lexa 300. Think I could throw some of my musky junk for surf fishing? Whopper Ploppers, Pencil Poppers, Swimbaits, Spinners, etc?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)