Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Lake St.Clair trip

Message Subject: Lake St.Clair trip
enice
Posted 8/3/2013 8:41 AM (#655252)
Subject: Lake St.Clair trip

I am going to lake St.Clair this November. I have the option of fishing 2 or 3 days with a guide. I can't decide which one to go with. The money isn't really an issue but I'm bringing my girlfriend who has fished for muskies plenty, but I'm not sure if she'll be able to huck pounders for 3 days in a row. The other conundrum is that I want to have 1 really good day of fishing and going more obviously ups those odds. So I'm stuck and figured I'd ask for advice here. Thanks

Eric
jdeezay74
Posted 8/3/2013 9:01 AM (#655255 - in reply to #655252)
Subject: RE: Lake St.Clair trip

You better make it quick as dates up there go FAST. Especially that time of year. Spencer Berman is a great start. If he's booked I'm sure he can turn you on to another great guide.
Landry
Posted 8/3/2013 9:18 AM (#655257 - in reply to #655252)
Subject: Re: Lake St.Clair trip

I would be surprised if they have any space left for November at this point.
And - although pounders are a great choice, they are not always the best - bondies, mag dawgs and large tubes will catch me too.
Landry
enice
Posted 8/3/2013 10:35 AM (#655266 - in reply to #655252)

I have the guide booked just have the option of adding a 3rd day. Just to clarify a bit more. Thanks!

Eric
Landry
Posted 8/4/2013 8:51 AM (#655405 - in reply to #655266)

I think u will be fine without a guide once u have been with one. It's not rocket science there in the fall. First day - get a guide and u will be set.
edalz
Posted 8/4/2013 4:10 PM (#655450 - in reply to #655252)

Go with the guide the first day and mimic what you did for the last two days. Medussas and 10" tubes will also work and jigging a Bondy. Make sure your guide is legal and good luck!
waterwolfhunter
Posted 8/5/2013 12:02 PM (#655560 - in reply to #655252)

I will agree with the prior posts somewhat. Yes a guide one day is a great start. And yes you could just mimic the same spots the next couple days. Although you have to remember, this is a great lake and the spots you are fishing will be hard to find unless you have the waypoints. These spots, unlike inland lakes, are huge. I fish st clair all season and it has taken 2 years just to get a portion of the lake really figured out. I have fished with guides and have good friends who are guides, but that doesn't mean you can go out and stick em just like they do. Yes there are a ton of fish, and yes there are a ton of giants, but if you haven't fished the lake before or don't have much knowledge of the lake itself, I would opt for being guided for your trip. It will save you frustration and keep you on the fish. It is st clair and it is one of the best muskie fisheries there is IMO, however they are still muskies, and they don't just jump in the boat. If you fish with a good guide, you will be in the fish and be much happier with your trip. Good Luck!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)