Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> man, woman, boy lake

Message Subject: man, woman, boy lake
Nell
Posted 7/4/2013 10:29 PM (#650044)
Subject: man, woman, boy lake

me and my husband were going to try to fish these lakes but after reading articles and lack of camp grounds changed our mind. Anyone tried them any reports on muskie fishing on these lakes...
VMS
Posted 7/5/2013 9:01 AM (#650064 - in reply to #650044)
Subject: Re: man, woman, boy lake

Hiya,

Woman has muskies in it, but they are extremely hard to locate and catch during the summer months. Boy, I have no experience on, and Man requires a boat that has a beam of less than 75 inches and low profile to get to from Baby lake.

I've been up here since the 16th and fishing has been tough at best. Follows have been very hard to come by and bites are sporadic at best. I've been out almost every day for 6 - 8 hours and have been lucky to see two follows and very lucky to get a bite.

Little Boy, Wabedo, Baby...all showing the same signs... very little in terms of action. Our wonderful late ice out and cold conditions leading up to the opener and beyond (I feel) has moved these fish to open water where they found food, and they have just stayed put, even though forage is in the shallows now.

Steve
DonPursch
Posted 7/5/2013 3:42 PM (#650113 - in reply to #650064)

Big muskies in Woman LK. Not many but they are there.Fished it for many many years
Little boy wabedo all of them.just go put your time in.Always calm waters to you and good luck
Moras6
Posted 7/5/2013 4:05 PM (#650119 - in reply to #650044)
Subject: RE: man, woman, boy lake

Boy is not a numbers lake, but there are nice fish in it. Timber trails resort has camping spots and cabins. There have been 2-3 mid to upper 40's caught walleye fishing by a few guys this year. I've only chucked for a few hrs this year and no luck. Pm and ill give you some help.
djwilliams
Posted 7/6/2013 12:24 PM (#650208 - in reply to #650044)

About the closest smaller lake I can think of that has camping is Moose Lake north of Grand Rapids. Nice small campground about 100-200 yards down the road from the public access.
Nell
Posted 7/6/2013 11:39 PM (#650266 - in reply to #650044)

Thanks... we are fishing north star this weekend... muskies are slow... not many follows like usual. We usually get a ton of follows here but considering that... more bites then usual go figure... broke a lure and lost one...and another bite perfectly over the hooks... we usually fish spider (slow summer lake), vermilion slow but big fish if find one, moose and north star. Just need to try something new.... time in is always an issue... have a couple long weekends yet.... might be worth trying... otherwise maybe man trap and Plantagenet which we haven't fished in a while... need a change of scenery...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)