Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Painted Blades

Message Subject: Painted Blades
FAT-SKI
Posted 5/30/2013 10:17 AM (#644092)
Subject: Painted Blades

So I was talking with a buddy about some different color blades that we found online at a certain bait site. Some of the colors that this line of bucktails had was colors that I have not seen at any store or online. Now I know that some of the colors I can find at muskyshop.com. but there are still other ones I can not find.
For example like a light baby blue color, or a green/chart/black mix.

Follow up ?...

Has anyone ever used cheap outdoor spray paint to paint blades? I don't really want to buy a whole bunch of expensive paint to paint only a few blades. So I am looking for a inexpensive option, or a place that people know to get good deals on custom painted blades?
Veithr3293
Posted 5/30/2013 10:28 AM (#644098 - in reply to #644092)
Subject: Re: Painted Blades

Most of my bucktails and spinner baits aren't painted because the paint chips and gets scratched after a fish or two and the look like s%$
FAT-SKI
Posted 5/30/2013 10:41 AM (#644103 - in reply to #644098)

Yeah I know the chipping happens, but that does not bug me as much as I think it should, but iof it did, i would just re-paint them
WaubyTackle
Posted 5/30/2013 11:00 AM (#644113 - in reply to #644092)

I have done it and it works okay. Just make sure you sand the blades before you paint them and only apply a thin coat of spray paint. I have put to much paint on some of them and the blades dont spin very well. Just a very quick coat or two. Dont worry about making it look perfect. Some of my best bucktails only have traces of the original colors on the blades. I would leave any scratches alone. I have a theroy that some blades make a better sound/vibration than others and I wouldnt dare try and repaint the blades in fear that it would ruin the vibration they give off.
Brad P
Posted 5/31/2013 8:58 AM (#644252 - in reply to #644092)

You can also use Sally Hanson's Hard as Nails or Rustoleum Spray on Enamel to seal your paint. Definitely do not want too much paint per the poster above. Nail polish also works as paint. Nothing beats the 6'4" sasquatch making sure he gets just the right shade of red before making his way to the checkout lane at Target. The facial expression from the teenagers is priceless.
FAT-SKI
Posted 5/31/2013 9:17 AM (#644256 - in reply to #644252)

Brad P - 5/31/2013 8:58 AM

You can also use Sally Hanson's Hard as Nails or Rustoleum Spray on Enamel to seal your paint. Definitely do not want too much paint per the poster above. Nail polish also works as paint. Nothing beats the 6'4" sasquatch making sure he gets just the right shade of red before making his way to the checkout lane at Target. The facial expression from the teenagers is priceless.

--
LOL NICE!

I'm going to try to have a custom tomorrow when we hit the water. If I can find time to paint the blades tonight, I'm going to.

But that story is awesome. I would have loved to see their faces.
jimjimjim
Posted 6/1/2013 9:20 AM (#644403 - in reply to #644256)

Rust-O-Lium works fine ,,, two light coats -----
Brady080
Posted 6/10/2013 7:13 PM (#645814 - in reply to #644092)

Jig paint
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)