Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Tranx HG or PG?

Message Subject: Tranx HG or PG?
Team Rhino
Posted 2/24/2013 7:11 PM (#620232)
Subject: Tranx HG or PG?

Seems as though every fishing video I watch someone is using a Tranx. What model are you using and what are you using it for?
muskyhunter47
Posted 2/24/2013 7:32 PM (#620238 - in reply to #620232)
Subject: Re: Tranx HG or PG?

i have the hg . use it for big rubber .it picks up line very fast so when i pull i can pick up the line with out any slack i have it on a 9'8" predator great combo
anzomcik
Posted 2/24/2013 7:43 PM (#620241 - in reply to #620232)

HG, I use it for everything. Years ago I use to pack 3-6 rods to cover all aspects of musky fishing. I soon realized that the years of fumbling around with all the rods in my boat that its easier to move about and net fish with only one rod in the boat, the one in my hand.

For me the HG is the only way to go. The PG is only slightly fast than some of the smaller musky reels. I told myself if i am going to drop 5 bills on a reel it better be significantly different than most everything out there. So I didnt spend $500 on a reel that a $250 reel could do.

Like i said I have one combo in my boat for casting. I found that if you pick your favorite combo and only bring that rod and reel on your trip most everyone will find it suites every style well. The HG tranx is the reel for me. I can work dive and rise jerk baits faster with less effort and thats what i fish the most. But with the HG if the presentation calls for speeds to be slower, you just reel slower. It is hard make a "slow" reel pull line in quicker if your already reeling as fast as you can.

cave run legend
Posted 2/24/2013 8:52 PM (#620265 - in reply to #620232)

What anzomcik said. I use my hg to burn blades as well. My trinidad was better but then I put a LJV handle on it and it is better than the trinidad.
SixBowls
Posted 2/25/2013 4:22 AM (#620309 - in reply to #620265)

There isn't a bait in my box that I won't throw using the HG. If I had to take one rod with me, there would be an HG on it.
muskyhunter47
Posted 2/25/2013 8:44 AM (#620360 - in reply to #620232)

it all comes down to what your going to do with i last fall I was with a guide he had the pg so we switch. for big bladesI would go to the pg hands down.Big rubber hg.I don't know who said it but here is how he compared. the two get on you bike go up hill in high gear then go up in low gear witch is easier.it comes down to what you want it to do.I would buy the one that would work best for me.
muskyhunter47
Posted 2/25/2013 9:13 AM (#620372 - in reply to #620232)

can't go wrong with either one both great reels
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)