Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Navionics and tablets

Message Subject: Navionics and tablets
bobbie
Posted 1/12/2013 12:53 PM (#609242)
Subject: Navionics and tablets

What is the best tablet for navionics app? I have an Ipad but not into dropping $600 in the lake.
goose007us
Posted 1/19/2013 9:28 PM (#610838 - in reply to #609242)
Subject: RE: Navionics and tablets

Check out www.moxiware.com. They make some really nice waterproof cases for iPad's that you can mount to your boat w a RAM mount to help aleviate the fear of it goin overboard.
catchandrelease
Posted 1/19/2013 9:50 PM (#610841 - in reply to #609242)
Subject: Re: Navionics and tablets

Just picked my mom up a Kindle Fire (not the Kindle Fire HD) for Christmas that was on sale through Best Buy for $140 (normally $160). Not sure if the sale is still on, but there is a Navionics app available, although I have yet to purchase it. From the research I did, the Kindle Fire is the most affordable tablet that is compatible with majority of the apps. The only downside is that it only has a 7" screen. Nice machine and very simple to use.

The one I got was just the WiFi version, so it won't receive an internet signal when you're out of WiFi range. I don't think that's an issue for the app, but it's something you would want to look into.
ARmuskyaddict
Posted 1/19/2013 11:15 PM (#610854 - in reply to #609242)
Subject: Re: Navionics and tablets

Add a tethering plans to your phone so you can have wifi. But you need to make sure any tablet you get has gps capability. Otherwise it is useless on the water if you don't know where you are.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)