Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> loke lures

Message Subject: loke lures
muddymusky
Posted 1/8/2013 11:48 PM (#608532)
Subject: loke lures

Anyone know what size hooks are used Loke lures. These hooks are similar to frog hooks. I would like to use them, or something similar, on any lure that doesn't have a split ring and I have to cut the hooks off.
woodieb8
Posted 1/9/2013 5:09 AM (#608537 - in reply to #608532)
Subject: Re: loke lures

4/0 mustad bely hook.. we use them on the georgie bait. reduces hook rash
horsehunter
Posted 1/9/2013 8:17 AM (#608553 - in reply to #608532)

The hooks are Mustad 7982 HS stainless steel (open shank )they are a salt water hook and come in boxes of 10. I use 5/0,6/0, & 7/0 which range from $22 to $35 dollars a box. I got my first 7/0's from woodieb8 but to get what I wanted I contacted Mustad and they set up an order through a local distriburor. The hooks come out of Miami and not common in northern areas. There is a similar looking hook in Duratin but it has a brased shank and not what I think you are looking for. When I replace a treble I go up one size thinking I am keeping the weight close to what it was orrigionally. I have been using these hooks on my Hosebaits to limit hook rash.
horsehunter
Posted 1/9/2013 8:58 AM (#608561 - in reply to #608532)

Do not use these hooks out of the box. They require sharpening and I like to reduce the height of the barb by about half
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)