Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Does anyone add clear coat to new lures?

Message Subject: Does anyone add clear coat to new lures?
Tigerhunter
Posted 1/11/2013 7:19 AM (#608994)
Subject: Does anyone add clear coat to new lures?

I am not sure if this should be here or in the basement builder section but....

I love the Rapala Glidin' Rap but my only issue is that on one of them the hook rash eventually made it through the clear coat and started to peel up the foil. Once that started, every cast more and more water would get underneath and eventually it was to the point that I had to take it all off and paint it.

Also, a bunch of lures I have got alot of hook rash into the paint just from being in the tackle box. I was thinking about adding clear to some of my new lures just so I don't have to repaint them halfway through the season. (Mostly gliders btw, I know you can't do too much on some gliders without affecting performance)

Does anybody apply extra clear coat to new lures?
erico
Posted 1/11/2013 8:17 AM (#609000 - in reply to #608994)
Subject: RE: Does anyone add clear coat to new lures?

I've done it with Enviro-tex to protect the finish, you can find it a hardware stores. The only issue is that I just hang them and you have to watch them until it sets up good or you will have an uneven finish. Guys in the basement builders might have a better way.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)