Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Custom Colors/Baits for the 2013 Chicago Show...

Message Subject: Custom Colors/Baits for the 2013 Chicago Show...
psv
Posted 1/5/2013 10:09 PM (#607841 - in reply to #604544)
Subject: RE: Custom Colors/Baits for the 2013 Chicago Show...

Been inspired by Jeff Hanson's  Bullhead pattern, I decided to try my version of it.

Below are 2 spinnerbaits samples ( Prototype names: light and dark bullhead)

Light Bullhead

LB

LBH

Dark Bullhead

DB 

DBH 

I'm planning to go to Milwaukee show . I'll bring some samples of my Classy Babies spinnerbaits , including those 2 Bullheads for swap meet. Looking forward to meet you guys over there.      

Zib
Posted 1/5/2013 10:51 PM (#607849 - in reply to #607817)
Subject: Re: Custom Colors/Baits for the 2013 Chicago Show...

Vince Weirick - 1/5/2013 9:28 PM
detroithardcore - 1/5/2013 11:02 AM You lost me at Brian Schram as it carries no weight in my opinion but I do like the concept Vince. I'm also curious at how this will compare or work in heavy current of Detroit River, SCR or any major current areas on the LSC System. The benefit of a Bondy Bait is it's weight and ability to stay vertical in the heaviest current. How will this bait compare? Is it a vertical jigging type bait primarily or is it made to be casted? The light weight and flutter has me thinking it could prove difficult trying to stay vertical in heavy current... Very interesting and I'd like to learn more! Very cool idea Vince! Could a "weight system" be added for deeper current areas or is it not needed with the current model?
Being the custom rod maker and now bait maker...I can make what you want. I started out with a heavier version but the added weight definitely reduces the jumping out to the side motion. Not a problem adding more weight just have to special order it.

Ya it would need more weight for the Detroit River. Swimming type jigs don't do well in that heavy current. Fuzzy Duzzits don't do well either in that current. I'm interested in a heavier one but I'll wait for others to try it first.

CU301DSV
Posted 1/6/2013 3:41 PM (#608012 - in reply to #607849)
Subject: Re: Custom Colors/Baits for the 2013 Chicago Show...

The bullhead spinnerbaits look great! This bullhead colour has been a good one for me on a specific body of water that I fish. I'd love to try a spinnerbait there in this colour.

Here's a stock Manta in bullhead and a custom coloured Hellhound copied off the Manta by Dave at Bare Bones Baits for me :

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(bullhead1.jpg)

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(bullhead2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments bullhead1.jpg (89KB - 203 downloads)
Attachments bullhead2.jpg (94KB - 204 downloads)
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)