Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional.
- (Added by: Jack Pine)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Getting started painting baits

Message Subject: Getting started painting baits
b_seiser
Posted 12/13/2012 9:27 PM (#603321)
Subject: Getting started painting baits

Just getting started painting baits and wondering what a person should have to get started? And about how much money should a person expect to get started?
little one
Posted 12/14/2012 6:05 AM (#603353 - in reply to #603321)
Subject: RE: Getting started painting baits

A small oil less air compresso cost about 50.00 and a starter air brush will be in the hundred dollar range for a kit. As for paints I would just grab a few bottles of createx in random colors at about 4.00 per bottle. Depending on what you are painting you will need some sort of cleare coat and a drying rack that spins if using envirotex. For topwater baits that I use for personal use I just use a spar urethane that comes in a spray can. It takes multiple coats but is quick and easy and it holds up well. If you want to know about brand names on brushes and compressors I'm sure everyone has their faves so I didn't get too much into that. Hope this helps a little
On second note...if you can afford it I would go to a hobby lobby and use the 40%off coupon and get a iwata eclipse gravity feed. It will probly cost you about 150 or so for the brush, hose and moisture trap but you will not regret it and it is a very nice setup that will last a long time. Just don't drop the tip down the drain while cleaning and try not to bend the tip of the needle

Edited by little one 12/14/2012 6:11 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)