Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Line Spooler

Message Subject: Line Spooler
Doonan
Posted 11/27/2012 10:28 AM (#599772)
Subject: Line Spooler

Looking for spooling station that works well on Muskie Reels (Tranx, Calcutta, Toro) and also on my spinning reels. Tired of spooling by hand and not getting the line properly snug.

Jerry Newman
Posted 11/28/2012 1:25 PM (#600044 - in reply to #599772)
Subject: RE: Line Spooler

The way I always spool up is with an old fishing rod cut down so there's only the one guide closest to the reel seat left. I put the spool of line in a cardboard box with a dowel rod through the box and spool so that it sticks out about 2" on each side. I run the line threw the single guide and use my sock feet on the dowel to apply pressure, I still have to thumb some of the line in place but 9 out of 10 times it goes on perfectly.

My casting reels get an extra step... I tie them off to a fence post and rewind the line under super heavy pressure to minimize backlashes and better longer casts. I use to just slap the line on kinda loose and then tie it off to a fence post, and that worked okay too. When I know I'm going to tie it off, I always over fill the spool and then just cut a few yards of line off to maintain maximum capacity. 

I can't help you with spooling spinning reels... always been a big mystery to me

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)