Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

[Frozen]
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Schram

Frozen
Message Subject: Schram
Juhas
Posted 11/19/2012 5:40 PM (#598642)
Subject: Schram

Boy that Schram kid is tearing them up on the Detroit River. I moved a bunch of work around and can't wait to get there for a whole week!!!! Got two other boats going with so it will be 6 total. Can't wait. Trophy tiime here we come!!!
MstormC
Posted 11/19/2012 9:28 PM (#598694 - in reply to #598642)
Subject: Re: Schram

What did I see? 6 & 7 fish days? When you're hot you're hot and he appears to have them figured out
Zib
Posted 11/20/2012 1:17 PM (#598788 - in reply to #598642)
Subject: RE: Schram

There's a ton of guys putting 5 to 10 fish a day in the boat & more. Some guys are staying out there sun up to sun down to do it. A guy I know went 10 for 15 on Monday out there. If you put the time in you'll boat 5 plus a day.
Posted 11/20/2012 1:37 PM (#598791 - in reply to #598694)

MstormC - 11/19/2012 9:28 PM

What did I see? 6 & 7 fish days? When you're hot you're hot and he appears to have them figured out

That's nothing to really brag about. For the past 3 days, most guides are hooking 15-20 fish a day (casting), and catching 8-15. He is well below average.
Ja Rule
Posted 11/21/2012 6:13 AM (#598902 - in reply to #598642)

Not really sure what the point of this thread is. Most people have no way of responding to this nonsense without bashing or breaking forum rules.
Slow Rollin
Posted 11/21/2012 7:22 AM (#598906 - in reply to #598902)

anyone know if Spencer Berman has got any real big ones lateley? any reports from Spencer?

Edited by Slow Rollin 11/21/2012 8:09 AM
TJ DeVoe
Posted 11/21/2012 11:37 AM (#598957 - in reply to #598906)

Spencer was 18 for 28 yesterday from what he wrote on a friends status. Sounds like the fish are going indeed!
Posted 11/21/2012 2:17 PM (#598990 - in reply to #598642)

If schram can. Anyone can. He's a bass fishermen..
SpencerBerman
Posted 11/21/2012 5:11 PM (#599011 - in reply to #598642)

I have been trying to stay away from posting reports simply to try to limit pressure plus going out in the dark and coming in after dark has made for very little spare time, haha. Fishing on Clair has been very good all over. The lake has cleaned up in a number of areas and the fish have responded accordingly. However the front is due to hit tomorrow night and its all going to change. Big winds Thursday-Saturday are going to thrash the lake once again. As for big fish none for my boat, catching a lot of 48-51 inchers but nothing crazy big for anyone that I have heard of in the last couple days.
Landry
Posted 11/22/2012 12:14 PM (#599112 - in reply to #599011)

I noticed that you have not been posting reports lately Spencer but the damage has already been done - it's too late.
The relentless internet posting of big fish caught by guided anglers has led to a 4x increase in pressure on the Detroit over the last few years.
There were 22 boats casting/jigging muskies there yesterday!
I don't know how someone could even guide there anymore.
Over tha last few years I have come to love that place but I think I will have to head elsewhere now:(
Landry
Steve I
Posted 11/22/2012 2:29 PM (#599130 - in reply to #599112)

I don't doubt the relentless internet posting has led to an increase in pressure. Many anglers have been turned on to many different good bites via the internet. Many anglers who would have never known of these good bites otherwise have also had a lot of fun catching muskies that they wouldn't have otherwise due to these postings. I don't like to see "my" spots get over-crowded and over-fished either but just because other people are enjoying the fish I would have caught otherwise isn't a bad thing. At least somebody is enjoying them. So I wouldn't call it damage. It is funny how we learn to keep our shut if we want to keep certain spots to ourselves. Its a battle to have to weigh the pros and cons of sharing your fishing reports and experiences.
Juhas
Posted 11/22/2012 4:07 PM (#599142 - in reply to #599130)

Interesting argument. You state that you don't think that repeatedly posting great catches on he internet does not increase pressure, but it will open up opportunities to those who previously did not know about the bite. How does this opening up of opportunities not lead to more people fishing an area?
sworrall
Posted 11/22/2012 4:25 PM (#599146 - in reply to #598642)

Reality.

Answering the two above posts.
Cowboyhannah
Posted 11/22/2012 7:27 PM (#599162 - in reply to #598642)

Seriously? If u don't like the pressure fish elsewhere. The net will be what it will be. Like anything in life, if you Can't control it, don't worry about it.
Ja Rule
Posted 11/22/2012 7:47 PM (#599167 - in reply to #598642)

If everyone is running to fish lake x then that just means lakes y and z aren't getting fished as much.
Esocidae
Posted 11/23/2012 3:49 PM (#599247 - in reply to #599112)

Landry - 11/22/2012 12:14 PM

I noticed that you have not been posting reports lately Spencer but the damage has already been done - it's too late.
The relentless internet posting of big fish caught by guided anglers has led to a 4x increase in pressure on the Detroit over the last few years.
There were 22 boats casting/jigging muskies there yesterday!
I don't know how someone could even guide there anymore.
Over tha last few years I have come to love that place but I think I will have to head elsewhere now:(
Landry

Are you kidding me .
People have been fishing LSC since the 1800s. Its not a secret lake that just started to produce fish . It sounds like you have an agenda against Mr. Berman ? I highly doubt that he is the reason you saw 22 xtra boats in the Detroit the other day.
You make it sound like the lake will be fished out, highly unlikely. I for one hate fishing around a crowd of boats, but it's something we have all had to deal with for as long as we fish. I fish mainly in Indiana and Illinois. You want to talk about crowded waters, try 15-25 Muskie boats competeting on lakes less than 1000 acres along with another 20-30 bass guys and it's not going to get any better. We have to adjust what and how we fish to be competitive. I can give you a long list of lakes in multiple states that have been and are currently discussed or pictures being posted. I don't think people will stop fishing them because they have to much pressure. It's all part of the challenge.
There are numerous articles, programs and forums discussing this very topic and it's not going to stop. That's why we are all here to get knowledge and info to make us better anglers and give us insight on what lakes/rivers are producing .

Joe
L I V I N
SpencerBerman
Posted 11/23/2012 3:51 PM (#599248 - in reply to #598642)

No need to run anymore Detroit went to mud at about 3 pm. 18 inches and less when I pulled off an hour ago and getting worse as the wind blows snow sideways
Posted 11/23/2012 6:55 PM (#599272 - in reply to #599248)

I realize it isn't a new hot spot. That is obvious. And the fishery can surely handle the pressure. The experience on the water is diminished though due to the excessive love.

20+ boats on the water on a regular basis in this very small area is definitely due to the posts and articles written on it in the last year or so. That is obvious too.

I have no axe to grind with Spencer. I don't even know him. I merely stated that thanks to internet posting it is too late - this spot will now be over-loved. Just because you are used to overcrowding doesn't mean that overcrowding is a good thing.

Why do people feel they need to post their successes and exact locations. Posting that u caught a big fish in the summer on st Clair is not a big deal as it is a huge body of water.

I just call it as I see it. It is my opinion and u obviously disagree. It's great that we can both share our opinions on this forum.
Landry
Jon
Posted 11/23/2012 9:26 PM (#599296 - in reply to #598642)

Spencer has helped to bring the casting on St. Clair onto the map however he does not ever give out specifics about where he is fishing. And as of late he has completely quit giving reports. Now I know that a bunch of the haters are going to say that is because he is not catching anything big however I personally caught 2 over 50 with Spencer in the last few weeks so I can say that is not true and I am sure when he posts his season ending pics it will be impressive. Anyway I think that considering how horrible the detroit river was post hurricane and then as soon as it got clean again a ton of boats show up I think the only logical way to look at this is to point the figure at people who have posted timely updates about how great the spot has been lately on FB and MF. I mean lets be honest a TV show or article about fishing St Clair by Spencer does not bring all the anglers here the moment things get good right?
Landry
Posted 11/23/2012 10:28 PM (#599306 - in reply to #599296)

I don't think we will ever agree so let's just agree to disagree.
Internet posts about specific spots and spectacular catches lead to a gold rush of new anglers. Every angler can surely agree on this. I always help my friends out but I don't post info about specific spots on the net so that everyone can see why they should go there. I do post pics at times but I don't give details and the general public doesn't know where I fish or guide.
It's a free world so I can't change what other people do. I just don't always have to like it.
I am gonna leave it at that. If someone else wants the last word they can have it I guess.
Landry
Slow Rollin
Posted 11/24/2012 5:40 AM (#599315 - in reply to #599306)

no one is giving out specific spots though or in the past. i think alot of people on here just like reading the reports and checking out huge fish - fun to read and spencer usually has the biggest fish one will ever see so thats fun to read and check out big ones.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)