Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Where to go in MN?

Message Subject: Where to go in MN?
matt_steinbach
Posted 10/1/2012 9:44 AM (#588153)
Subject: Where to go in MN?

I will be going over to Minnesota on Wednesday for a few days of Walleye/Muskie fishing with a buddy. He lives near Grand Rapids and spends the majority of his time on the water fishing for Walleyes. He is hoping I might be able to put a Muskie or 2 in his boat this week, but unfortunately I have never fished any of the waters in the area and therefore feel kind of overwhelmed by the size and water clarity of these lakes. I am hoping for any suggestions or recommendations for a lake choice in the area (we are thinking of targeting Muskie on either Cass, Leech, Vermilion, or Deer Lake throughout the week, but we are open to trying smaller lakes as well). I would also greatly appreciate any lure or specific location recommendations if anyone is willing to provide these tips. PM or reply if possible. Thanks in advance.

Matt
dtaijo174
Posted 10/1/2012 10:39 AM (#588168 - in reply to #588153)
Subject: Re: Where to go in MN?

If you want to stay close to Grand Rapids, Moose yields more action, but smaller fish. Deer has some bigger fish, but action is a little slower. North Star is yet another option. Narrow down your lake suggestion and I'm sure people will give you a little more help.
Muskyfisher
Posted 10/1/2012 11:52 AM (#588196 - in reply to #588153)

Northstar is a good option some bigger fish and should be to many ppl out there this time a year a few walleyes roaming around as well.
Jbird82
Posted 10/1/2012 1:07 PM (#588215 - in reply to #588153)

X 2 on northstar try some decoy suckers they hammer them out there
matt_steinbach
Posted 10/1/2012 4:10 PM (#588272 - in reply to #588215)

It looking like we are going to fish Moose and North Star on Thursday and maybe go to Leech on Friday if we don't have luck on Thursday. Anyone willing to give specific presentation location tips for North Star or Moose? Thank you everyone for your input.

Matt
Posted 10/3/2012 7:09 AM (#588639 - in reply to #588153)
Subject: RE: Where to go in MN?

Sorry to say but I spent the last 3 days on North Star and seen one low 40s. Tried suckers, dawgs, blades, day, night....NOTHIN!!!!
Jbird82
Posted 10/3/2012 8:31 AM (#588651 - in reply to #588153)

How shallow were you fishing all the fish I have caught and seen in the last 10 days or so has been 5 feet of water or less
and how big were them suckers.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)