Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Sand Lake near Cumberland, WI

Message Subject: Sand Lake near Cumberland, WI
Brad P
Posted 10/1/2012 4:08 PM (#588271)
Subject: Sand Lake near Cumberland, WI

Gents,

I normally fish Metro MN, but am making a trip to spend a weekend with a college friend and his family in Cumberland. He really wants me to take him musky fishing in the area. This trip is scheduled for October 20th. I have been doing my research on the above body of water as well a few of the more well known options like Shell and Bone, however my friend is very gung ho on Sand since it is so close to his in-law's home.

If anyone is willing to provide some additional details to help us on our hunt I would appreciate it.
Spallgard
Posted 10/1/2012 8:46 PM (#588370 - in reply to #588271)
Subject: RE: Sand Lake near Cumberland, WI

PM'd you.

Dave
Grass
Posted 10/2/2012 3:59 PM (#588526 - in reply to #588271)
Subject: RE: Sand Lake near Cumberland, WI

I've fished Sand a few times. It is long and narrow with steep breaking shorelines. The north and south ends of the lake have the most weed cover.
Had a nice fish smash a crank bait as I was lifting it out of the water. Scared the poop out of me. That fish was in front of the outlet on the N end of the lake.
Late Oct would be a perfect time of year for dragging a sucker while casting the shorelines and I think trolling is legal there so you shouldn't have to worry about having a sucker out while casting.

Grass
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)