Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Petenwell/Castle Rock?

Message Subject: Petenwell/Castle Rock?
kdebell
Posted 8/30/2012 8:03 AM (#581677)
Subject: Petenwell/Castle Rock?

I am wondering if anyone can give me some advice on fishing these bodies of water. I currently live in La Crosse and know that there are quite a few fish in the two lakes. I am not sure where to even start fishing seeing that they are so much different than what I am use to. Any ideas on locations or patterns that I could focus on from here to the end of the year would be greatly appreciated.
Posted 9/5/2012 9:12 AM (#582694 - in reply to #581677)
Subject: RE: Petenwell/Castle Rock?

What nobody fishes for muskies on these lakes?

MuskyNate27
Posted 9/5/2012 10:25 AM (#582708 - in reply to #582694)
Subject: Re: Petenwell/Castle Rock?

Nobody wants to tell you where to fish.

Edited by MuskyNate27 9/5/2012 9:15 PM
MuskyMulisha
Posted 9/5/2012 8:08 PM (#582816 - in reply to #581677)

PM ME
Scott.f
Posted 9/6/2012 8:13 AM (#582875 - in reply to #582816)

Thanks for your time muskymulisha. I'm not looking for any hot spots just a little insight to shorten my learning curve. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Thanks again,
Scott.f
Reef Hawg
Posted 9/6/2012 11:39 AM (#582911 - in reply to #581677)
Subject: RE: Petenwell/Castle Rock?

Both flowages are success stories for the local club and the local tournament(PMC). Before the CWA of 1972, the Muskies in Petenwell were non existant, decimated due to pollution. there never really were many documented Muskies this far south on the river, but the river by and large was void of fish all the way up to and through wausau, until rehabilitated. Beginning in 1981 and after years of stocking, we hang our hat on a now fishable population in these waters. I'll be holding our annual fall chili feed for the Consolidated Musky Club Inc. next Tuesday 11/11/12, and would be delighted to have you. It will be at CERA Park in Wisconsin Rapids on the Biron Flowage, doors open at 4:30. Bring a dish to pass and a bit of $ for raffles and dues. We'll have stocking raffles, and while I won't be talking about specific fishing spots/strategies, I'll be updating members on various topics including our stocking report, budget/fund allocation, noteworthy catches, proper handling, and a sucker rigging brush up for fall. Perhaps we'll see you there!

If you are in Lacrosse and can't make it, we'll be opening our club website soon. With that said, the Muskies are literally in every square mile of both flowages. There are seasonal movements, and daily temp related movements. The flowages really heat up during the summer, and are still in the middle 70's now. Dark water resides, so brightly colored or natural presentations can be beneficial. Local forage includes Carp, Suckers, a White Bass, limited perch, Golden Shiners, Catfish, Bullheads. Because of the varied forage base and the seasonal movements of each, we are not ever limited to one pattern.

Edited by Reef Hawg 9/6/2012 4:08 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)