Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Stork / Long Legged

Message Subject: Stork / Long Legged
mrg648s
Posted 9/1/2012 10:03 PM (#582120)
Subject: Stork / Long Legged

I'm looking for a little info on these bodies of water and camps. Does anyone know anything about them?

I'm looking to head up there next year for a week. Is either of water preferred by musky fisherman? It appears there are 2 camps on the lake. Is either closer to what is considered the better water?

One of my biggest concerns is water pressure. The other Canadian lake I usually is just fished too hard. Tough to find open water.
Posted 9/2/2012 3:47 PM (#582195 - in reply to #582120)
Subject: RE: Stork / Long Legged

Fished these lakes for the same reasons you mentioned, but was wrong with what I initially thought.
1. They do get A LOT of pressure, more than I ever would have imagined. I thought I could go that far away and not have to worry about competition, but I was wrong. You should not have to go that far north and remote and get cut off by other musky guys.
2. VERY Expensive. Both resorts are very spendy for what you get out of it.
In a nut shell, you drive by (depending which way you travel) LOTW, Eagle, Cedar, Lac Seul, Cliff, which are all great musky lakes compared to Stork / Longlegged and they are cheaper and closer.
We gave the lake a three year try, but do not go back anymore. I mentioned the other lakes and you also have to consider the amount of money you will SAVE by going to one of the above mentioned. We now go to Herbies on Eagle and have never looked back. Should have gone there from the get go!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)