Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> muskie on vermillion

Message Subject: muskie on vermillion
kevin
Posted 8/16/2012 9:57 PM (#578866)
Subject: muskie on vermillion

hey im heading to vermillion with my buddys next week, i was wondering where they are at on the lake if it matters, east or west side better this time a year?? and if the fish are moving from the weeds to the rocks, and also lure help would be appreciated,
anything would be helpful thanks!
muskyhunter47
Posted 8/18/2012 7:14 PM (#579216 - in reply to #578866)
Subject: Re: muskie on vermillion

muskies are all over the lake.
where are you staying ?
what size boat do you .
are you planing on fishing by where you put in are are you going to do some runing?
it all up to you where you want to fish
muskyhunter47
Posted 8/18/2012 7:16 PM (#579217 - in reply to #578866)

i can give you some spots but i need to know where you want to fish

double J
Posted 8/18/2012 10:33 PM (#579249 - in reply to #578866)

muskyhunter 47 Im heading back up to the "Big V" for another shot, the first trip earlier this year was real dissapointing. water was to warm and there were dead cisco's all over. I will be there sept 29 thru oct 6 in your opinion is this a good time of the year? I'll be on the west end but I have a 200 merc and dont mind running the lake. This will be my second time ever there and am trying to break that 50 inch mark.
muskyhunter47
Posted 8/19/2012 10:15 AM (#579311 - in reply to #578866)

i bought a { Promap Series Lakemaster map } its a good place to start.
Schmidts Isaland west side the south end has a rock pile ive cought some there as well
richie bay there is a spot called the "boat house"abought 250 yards on eather side
as you head out of that bay and go north tords norwegian bay twin islands square rock
Norwegian point isalso good off from this point there a spot withe 3 buoy markers hit that as well
just west of there is a small island this is one of my best spots to hit
across from there is white fish island ive senn people fish around the whole thing ive only cought them on the west side
from there i go for a small boat ride muskego bay and indian bay both have weeds just a little more west is niles pointhit this as well.from there i hit niles bay time for another boat ride .van ryper bay is a good spot as well i like this spot in morning or at dusk top water its a blastfrom there head to oak narrows
on the west side of hindale island on eather side of the channel has weeds good spot to hit
from there ill head to green wood bay weeds here
i have had my best luck on shumway flasher black with red and gold blades
i allso use 10 " jackes rip them through the weeds.
a good way to learn the lake is go to the vermilion dam lodge musky outing. its held on oct 10 there are guids to talk to larry ramsell will be there as well. they have a master map posted and the guys mark the map where there seeing fish and catching fish. it is all ways a good time hope this info help you out
Mak51
Posted 8/19/2012 1:56 PM (#579355 - in reply to #578866)

bshep - 8/19/2012 1:38 PM

"I hope there aren't a billion people there the rest of the year because people can't keep their mouth shut."

I'd love to know how much money you have put towards stocking muskies in the lake.

How much money have you contributed to stocking muskies up there?

bshep
Posted 8/19/2012 2:05 PM (#579357 - in reply to #579355)

i have not fished for muskies on lake vermilion in like 8 years and don't intend on fishing it....... AND i don't get mad people talk about muskies where i'm from or care that there is fishing pressure beautiful lake with plenty of muskies and spots to fish. no need to complain about pressure there.

Edited by bshep 8/19/2012 2:07 PM
bshep
Posted 8/19/2012 2:17 PM (#579362 - in reply to #578866)

actually, i was there during a tournament in the summer one time on our way back from LOTW. 40 tournament boats plus walleye guys and muskie fishing vacationers and was still able to fish spots alone and find HUGE fish. i honestly don't get it... you can only fish so many spots in a day and cast so far.
muskyhunter47
Posted 8/19/2012 9:18 PM (#579440 - in reply to #578866)

its strange when some one gives out spots to fish others get upset. vermilion is a huge if some one is fishing a spot go to the next spot. when i fish the lake if i see some one fishing a spot ill look at it another time thats how i find new spots to fish.this year i bought a new boat cant wait to get up there to see what ive been missing. bought 2 1198si birds still learning how to use them.but have not realy fished rocks yet want to see how that looks. i might be able to see what those guys were fishing.
trojan warrior
Posted 8/20/2012 1:44 PM (#579605 - in reply to #579440)

i seen and have had many follows in lake V. All over the place and every time I go back, the fish seem to move so there are NO real hot spots that are HOT all the time. Musky move around like any monster would, looking for a food source. I recommend looking for cabbage in about 7-10 feet of water. Where there is cabbage, there is fish. Where there are fish, there are monsters watching those fish. Pick a spot and cast away!
muskyschlott
Posted 8/20/2012 4:41 PM (#579662 - in reply to #578866)

anything that looks fishy, probably has a fish on it at some point during the day. when i fish big V, i tend to fish over looked spots that are either really small,or not marked on the map. i have learned alot of little off the beaten path spots(if you will) from fishing with luke ronnestrand, and every year there always seems to be a spot thats been good for us.
ARmuskyaddict
Posted 8/28/2012 5:36 PM (#581378 - in reply to #578866)

Hey guys,
I'm new to this forum. I live in Arkansas now, but grew up in Virginia, MN and used to fish for walleye on V. I was home visiting this summer in mid-June and fished the V for musky. We moved some fish, but couldn't get them to bite. And this was with a friend who guides on V. The week after I left, someone flipped a switch and they started biting... I'm coming home the first week of October and am going to be heading out again to give it another shot. My problem is that I again will be starting from scratch with not knowing where to fish, and won't be with my guide friend. We were fishing weeds in June, so I have some clue about what to look for. But, I assume the weeds will be dying off by October and am going to fish rocks. I will be renting a 16ft boat with a friend with limited electronics. I have a Navionics app that will somewhat help me know where I am at at least. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I will be renting the boat from a guy by Ludlows, but want to stay close to that area, so I don't spend all day running across the lake.
Slow Rollin
Posted 8/28/2012 6:14 PM (#581382 - in reply to #578866)
Subject: RE: muskie on vermillion

Also, on Vermillion if you do not have much for electronics you can always just go around and fish buoys..they are visible and you can cast inside of them in some areas or just ouside of them...makes for easy fishing and boat control and you know your casting up into some nice rock structure. Worked for me. As for lures, you can kind of see what others are casting too and use that to determine colors and lure styles as well. Black was the best color for me, although IMO i dont think color matters out there too much... good luck
ChinWhiskers
Posted 8/29/2012 12:11 AM (#581432 - in reply to #581378)

You have PM Marv.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)