Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Buying Used Electronics

Message Subject: Buying Used Electronics
TrentM.
Posted 9/5/2012 3:28 PM (#582759)
Subject: Buying Used Electronics

What is everyone's thoughts on this? It's up in the air for me... is it better to spend more and get new? Or risk it and buy used....
nocturnalmotors
Posted 9/5/2012 3:47 PM (#582765 - in reply to #582759)
Subject: Re: Buying Used Electronics

Personally if I can afford it, I'll buy new. Warranty is nice.
Johnny Boy
Posted 9/5/2012 4:20 PM (#582773 - in reply to #582759)
Subject: RE: Buying Used Electronics

I suggest new without a doubt, you do not want to purchase used electronics unless you know the person you are buying it from or they are not to expensive. I guess it also depends on the amount you would be saving by buying it pre owned. I have personally purchased used inexpensive fish finders for myself in the past and they all worked out great. But to buy a pre owned higher end model with GPS and stuff say for $400 or $500 could be a little expensive and a little bit risky unless you know the seller or get a warranty............Just My Opinion JB
Consigliere
Posted 9/5/2012 5:56 PM (#582793 - in reply to #582773)

Know what you're buying in terms of features, and ask for an on the water demo. If everything looks good go ahead.

My experience locally is that the good finders (colour, gps, DI or SI etc) are only sold by the very serious fisherman (pros, semipro etc) and they take care of their gear for the most part.

I would not buy used on ebay or something like that.
hooked
Posted 9/5/2012 7:38 PM (#582809 - in reply to #582793)

I've bought a couple units on this site and (knock on wood), it's worked out very well for me. Do your homework, ask the seller lots of questions, and go into the purchase knowing you're rolling the dice. There are guys on this site who can afford to upgrade to bigger and better units each year. I'm not one of them, but I sure don't mind buying their old stuff if it's still a newer model and they've taken good care of it!
northern
Posted 9/6/2012 8:40 AM (#582881 - in reply to #582809)

I bought mine Humminbird 987SI used from my fishing partner which also bought the same unit used a couple of years back. I experiencend no problems with it.
Thing is, before you buy test it on the water, for a long period of time not just a minute or so. When the unit is oke the seller will say that's no problem.
When it not in good condition or flawless the tell you this is not possible.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)