Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Lake Arbutus

Message Subject: Lake Arbutus
8HPTROLLER
Posted 8/21/2012 2:53 PM (#579909)
Subject: Lake Arbutus

My wife and I will be spending a few days next week on Lake Arbutus clark/jackson county Wi. I read thru some posts from 2006 describing the musky fishing opportunities there. I would like to know if there is a fishable population of muskies. I have not been able to locate very much information about the musky population in the lake.
any help would be appreciated.
Rich Wren
beerforthemuskygods
Posted 8/21/2012 4:38 PM (#579927 - in reply to #579909)
Subject: RE: Lake Arbutus

I fished this lake many moons ago and although i had no luck i would like to try it again. The word on the street is you will want to concentrate on the area where the river flows into the lake. You will know this area from the exposed rocks in the middle of the current on the north end. Also, the black river is extremely shallow these days down by me (i'm about an hour southwest) and would think that this may affect levels on that lake also. Good luck. let me know how it goes.
Ebenezer
Posted 8/21/2012 11:55 PM (#580041 - in reply to #579909)

Depends on how you define fishable. There are a few fish there. I'd bring a small craft and focus on the Black River from Arbutus down to Black River Falls. Pretty much paddle-only for the first five miles down from Arbutus. Need some rock-dodging skills. Used to be occasional social issues with parking at east side accesses for this float.
ShaneW
Posted 8/22/2012 7:14 AM (#580068 - in reply to #580041)
Subject: Re: Lake Arbutus

I get up that way quite a bit and have never caught a musky on the lake. Beer's advice is right on - northside where the rocks are is where I would start. My expectations would be low. On the flip side, crappie fishing can be pretty good there.
Posted 8/22/2012 9:41 AM (#580106 - in reply to #579909)

Thanks guys, the crappie idea is probably where we are headed. I may take a musky rod and a couple baits with just because.
Rich Wren
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)